Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

England in Pakistan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So England have just arrived in Pakistan for the cricket tour.

Lots of security and the like but I am gald they did it because it should give people a bit of enjoyment after the quake tragedy.

In a way I hope Pakistan do quite well to give the locals something to cheer about.....

How do people think we will do?

I predict we will win the test series but I think Pakistan are probably stronger than us for ODI so that will be close..........

As at the end of the Ashes we have the question over who should replave Jones. Should we stick with Collingwood ot have someone like Anderson or Udal in?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think we'll do ok, I agree we might be beaten in the ODI's but we are close to being the number 1 test team in the world and we need to win this series to stay on track for this.

We will miss Jones massively in this tour, the reverse swing has being a trait of the Pakistanis for as long as I can remember and theres sure to be a lot of reverse swing in the matches out their and with this being Jones speciality we will miss him. I think we need to keep the same balance to the side as we have done for the last couple of years and more recently against the Aussies which is have 5 front line bowlers (including all rounder Flintoff), so for me if it requires 4 seamers then Andersson is the man I would choose to replace Jones. Andersson came into the squad a couple of years ago and made an instant impact before falling away and losing form and losing his place to Jones. I think he's found a bit of form this summer in the county games so hopefully he can transfer this onto the test stage.

Also I would use Udal if there is a call for 2 spinners in the starting 11 and leave Andersson out.

I think Collingwood is a good player and a good option but it limits our bowling attack and the only way you'll win a test is by bowling a team out twice.
    Will be the number one team in the world if we do well in this?

Or do we have to wait and see the result of the next ashes?
    It depends, its a pretty complicated way of ranking. It depends on matches won and the strength of the opposition. Its worked out by a predicted result against the actual result. Link below might help you a little.

http://www.geocities.com/gwozok/howworks.html

I reckon (guessing) England could make it to number 1 if they win against Pakistan and India and then beat the Aussies again in 18 months time. But that's a total guess. It also depends how the Aussies do in that time.
    PAKISTANIZ RULE!!! actually i better not speak too soon.. ahem, yeah england are good (really good) but im a pakistani so im hoping they lose! lol..

i can feel it.. u lot are going to gang up on me now.. uh oh...

ta ta