Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

will power has gone!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
at the beginning of march i started weightwatchers.. and up until about 5 weeks ago everything was going absolutely fine and i lost 2 stone in weight..

BUT.. then i started uni.. and to be honest ive put nearly a stone back on again!
i dont know why but since ive been here i just have not stopped eating! add on the fact that i go to the union at least 3 times a week and now i feel awful about myself :(

every morning i tell myself that ive done it before so i can do it again, but then when it comes to the end of the day ive already eaten a ton and ive put on another pound!

i think that its basically because of all the spare time on my hands.. ive suddenly found myself with hours of having nothing to do inbetween lectures and so i eat!

HOW can i STOP myself doing this? :crying: i dont want to get to how i was before! i hated myself then and i dont want to get to that point again! but as it is i think i will..

i really dont think i can get back on track
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Does your uni have a gym?
    Weight watchers is fine but if you don't do regular exercise as well then the weight will go straight back on as soon as you eat normally again.

Try going for a 30min walk each night.
    distract yourself with other things when you have spare time, like do sport or something that interests you, or even do extra reading or something..
    My trainer at the Gym said to me eat five times a day!! which I thought was crazy! but I was like you where in my spare time I'd just eat!
    Now what I do is have breakfast before 10am, (no bacon etc..) then 2/3 hrs later I have a snack, either a sandwich with fruit. Then 2/3hrs later I have some rice cakes (famous brand, choc chip!!) then I'll have my main meal 2/3 hrs after which is mainly chicken, or low in fat products, I don't mean the ones the supermarkets say re low fat I check the labels! then around 2/3 laters have another snack but not after 8pm.

It worked for me as I found I burnt body fat more as your body will store fat if you don't eat in a proper cycle.

Excersise is still the key tho!!
    Also don't go to the student bar as much and get the cheap drinks!! LOL

Dave