Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

came out of cky and had blood on my back ??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
has anyone else ever had that feeling like u got in a real bad mosh pit and dont know wat the hell was going on ? :chin:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    has happened to me several times actually
    Best kind surely
    I've seen Slayer at Ozzfest...says it all really...I've also been to raves and got a hiding, good craic like.
    See, this is why i dont like mosh pits.
    What possible good can come of jumping around into each other with arms and fists flying about all over the place?
    Rock gigs are just stupid nowdays, last one i went to (funeral for a friend) i saw a girl get hit in the face by a flying bottle and someone got stabbed with a syringe. i also saw some guy get sparked out to the floor in a mosh pit after being punched - everyone just carried on jumping around/over/on him.
    that sound soo good and i am now going to c ffaf thank u owww sounds soo good i hope for a hospital bed . ow plz
    icey wrote:
    What possible good can come of jumping around into each other with arms and fists flying about all over the place?
    Rock gigs are just stupid nowdays, last one i went to (funeral for a friend) i saw a girl get hit in the face by a flying bottle and someone got stabbed with a syringe. i also saw some guy get sparked out to the floor in a mosh pit after being punched - everyone just carried on jumping around/over/on him.

A syringe? seriously? Hmm thats just bloody pathetic-I mean what in hells name are they achieving? Are they sure it wasn't just someones badge open or something?
    icey wrote:

I wrote an article about this a long time ago for the university newspaper and I'm glad someone else is on the same wavelength. There's a copy of it here if anyone is interested.

I also wrote one about the similarity between Kurt Cobain and Princess Di but that's for another time.
    rss3000 wrote:
    that sound soo good and i am now going to c ffaf thank u owww sounds soo good i hope for a hospital bed . ow plz

:eek2: wtf?
    Jowolvo wrote:
    A syringe? seriously? Hmm thats just bloody pathetic-I mean what in hells name are they achieving? Are they sure it wasn't just someones badge open or something?

No, it was an actual syringe, the band even stopped playing because of it and warned people to be on the lookout.
    They stopped playing quite a few times actually because of mindless idiots either breaking down the front barriers and trying to rush the stage or trying to crowd surf even though it says on the tickets that it's strictly prohibited.

There are a lot of bands i'd love to see play(bloodhound gang, cky, bullet for my valentine) coming to rock city (near me) but i know it'd be the exact same situation so i'm not going to waste my time.
    The teeny goth bands will have all the little kiddies there, and kiddies don't know how to mosh properly. The festivals are awful for the same reason.

Still, if you get stabbed, it serves you right for going to see cky.
    These places would be OK if they were adequately staffed with safety measures put in place. You're going to get idiots anywhere though!

I went to see coldplay in 2000 and I ended up in A&E with a suspected broken rib! It was just bruised.. but this was a COLDPLAY concert! I mean, wtf.

:eek2:
    i am going to c ffaf and mabe some othes more blood to come .
    These places would be OK if they were adequately staffed with safety measures put in place.

refusing entry to under 18s would have the same effect, really.

Kids don't know how to behave at concerts anymore, there's no respect in the pit now. Even five years ago if someone fell they'd get picked up, now its all thirteen-year-olds having a circle pit and thinking they're clever for it.
    rss3000 wrote:
    i am going to c ffaf and mabe some othes more blood to come .

lucky ol' you.
    Jowolvo wrote:

A while back people with HIV were going round pricking other people with a needle round here in the clubs. After they pricked someone they would leave a calling card with "Welcome to the world of AIDS" on it. I never saw it my self so I dunno if it's true, probably exaggerated tbh.
    that is just not right
    A while back people with HIV were going round pricking other people with a needle round here in the clubs. After they pricked someone they would leave a calling card with "Welcome to the world of AIDS" on it. I never saw it my self so I dunno if it's true, probably exaggerated tbh.

That's an urban legend isn't it?

A similar version is of a needle hidden in a cinema chair...

Same story went around here a few years ago, dunno if it was true, fucked up though. Was always a 'friend of a friend' story....
    just tell me if it is true or not dont need storys. i got told my my dads sister blar blar and she says blar blar just tell me if it is true i know ppl tell ppl and dont say its going like "That's an urban legend " or "'friend of a friend' story...." plz no more well kim for down the road says .