Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Another pill back to back question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so after reading on here I finally comprehend the taking the pill back to back scheme. So I am on Estro-step and it has the 7 days of placebos or whichever at the end. So to take the pill back to back so to speak i would skip that week and go straight onto the next pack of active pills.

Anyway here is my question... My period will pretty much start next Sunday. Monday will be my heaviest day. My mans birthday is on Monday. I've been thinking about this and I want to try to avoid being broken that week by taking it back to back. Now, what are the side effects of doing this? He says that you'll get moody and I'm moody enough :p Is there a chance that I'll still get my period? Will it make the pill any less effective?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you :)

So the real question I guess is, do I be broken for his birthday or do I take the risk of being a slightly broken bitch :p
    when i used to go back to back i would get really sharp pains when i should be having my period. i cant remember if i was moody or not.
    then when i did get my period i would get worse pains than normal.

sup to you. i'd say give it a go coz everybody is different and some people dont experience any problems.
    Did you have a reason to take it b2b? Was it worth it?
    i just couldnt be bothered having a period. so i did 3 months back to back on several occassions.

it must have been worth it for me to keep doing it. i dont think the first time or 2nd time i did it i got really bad pains. but the next couple of times i did so i now prefer to have a period.
    Thank you :) I guess the only way to know for sure is just to up and try it. If I get spotty or anything, I guess the no sex won't be that big of deal as I wouldn't have had it anyways at the time. And hes delt with my moods this long :p
    I think I will try it.
    Hia,

I tri-cycle the pill (3 packets back to back each time) and I don't get any side effects or anything from doing it.
    I don't think you're suposed to take any more than 6 packets back to back though. (You probably weren't thinking of doing that but thought I'd just mention :) )
    I took my pills back to back for like 4 months. At the end I started bleeding a little. But I can take 2/3 pill packets back to back and have no side affects. But its different for every woman.
    Oh I was quite dissapointed, I started my next pack the day the other one ended (without taking the inactive pills obviously) However my period started just as normal. There hasn't been one change.

I was wondering, could it be because I just started this brand of pills? Or could it be because I am on EstroStep, in which the pills start out with very little hormones and slowly increase throughout the three weeks, so once I went from full hormones to the little amount, my body just took it as, hey, time to bleed.
    :chin: Hmm that explains why i'm more moody.