Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A worrying development...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
BBC NEWS : Changes to drug law regarding 'those who buy for mates'

Would like to know peoples views on this. It seems from reading the report that the main target of this will be class A Schedule 1 stuff (as the reporter refers to them 'controlled' drugs), although i could be wrong and this could encompass everything.

I am a little dubious over the government presumption that a 'certain amount' of any substance presupposes supply, with no circumstantial indicators. The government also have yet to fix these quantities and when they do it will no doubt be a source of intense debate.

Comments

• Options
    All it will do is gift more of the drug market to the professionals, those who only do it for profit and care little or anything for quality.

It is, again, another measure to remove peoples presumption of innocence, but I expect little else from this government. I dont know why they bother with the pretence and just come out and say everyone is guilty and deserves punishment.

Its a waste of time, resources, people will go to jail pointlessly, in fact its very much like most of the Misuse of Drugs Act now.

I could rant all day about New Labour and civil liberties, the Public Sector and governance, but it would be pointless, the average voter either does not care or wants these things.

The public dont deserve the vote.
  • Options
    time for a Platonic Republic maybe's?
  • Options
    time for a Platonic Republic maybe's?

No, its time for a dictatorship, its the only decent way forward.

The public obviously dont know what they are doing, and frankly most dont care anyway.

You could remove virtually all rights from people in this country and they still wouldnt care. Of course I'm not suggesting this should happen, I am using it as an example as to why they cant be trusted with the vote.

We need a step change in bother governance and in the way society is run as a whole.

Varstly simple taxation, more local government, less national, better regulation on business, cleaner schools, better GCSE grades at hospitals and ephoria for all.
  • Options
    bad