Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brownie Uniform! :D

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    kaffrin wrote:
    that's not an old school brownie uniform!

this is:

unifrom6.gif

:yes: Thats the one I had as well....they were so appealing...the guide uniform at that time was equally as lovely.

I made sixer as well and in guides patrol leader and got my Baden Powel award...I was ever so dedicated. :lol:

As to where ya can get old uniforms for...can't help ya there.
    i used to love the rainbow uniform, i had the pinnie (not sure how you spell it?) with the pocket on the front and a rainbow.

my favourite bit about brownies had to be the maypole dancing. we used to wear these skirts, and you got different colours for different sizes. i always had the smallest size, which was green. and my sisters was purple. :D
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Kentish wrote:
    Boom boom. :lol:

I didn't realise what I said until after I posted and then thought "ah well, no-one will pick me up on that one!" How wrong was I?! :p
    i used to love the rainbow uniform, i had the pinnie (not sure how you spell it?) with the pocket on the front and a rainbow.

my favourite bit about brownies had to be the maypole dancing. we used to wear these skirts, and you got different colours for different sizes. i always had the smallest size, which was green. and my sisters was purple. :D

The tabards with rainbows on were the Rainbow uniform.
    Kazbo wrote:
    ..the guide uniform at that time was equally as lovely.

aye, thankfully i missed out on that. just. they changed the uniforms in 1990, and round here you had to be 10 to be a guide, and i moved up the spring of 1991. we did still have neckers and woggles though, as our guide leader lady was old school. we wore them with our fancy new guide polo shirts and cullotes. yummy.

in retrospect we all looked like total nobs.
    i made sixer 2, but i have the yellow t-shirt with cullottes, pleased i didnt have 2 wear the old one! :lol:
    kaffrin wrote:
    aye, thankfully i missed out on that. just. they changed the uniforms in 1990, and round here you had to be 10 to be a guide, and i moved up the spring of 1991. we did still have neckers and woggles though, as our guide leader lady was old school. we wore them with our fancy new guide polo shirts and cullotes. yummy.

in retrospect we all looked like total nobs.

See we were just completely backward in my pack and didn't bother getting the new uniforms at all, was really bad...well not for a few years after I'd got mine and I couldn't be bothered changing for my last few years, wasn't worth the expense for the about 12 times a year I actually wore my uniform.
    i think Famous Army Stores used to sell this kind of stuff before they closed down, im sure someone took them over tho. so try a place like that...

its a good idea for fancy dress!!!

im still trying to find something for halloween :( and i only have like 8 hours before i leave. grrr

looks like it may have to be hulk hogan for me.
    I was thinking Famous Army Stores... I'll try them tomorrow. Or whoever they are now. Cheers Koe!

Ahh, I love thinking about Brownies. It was mint. :D
    The tabards with rainbows on were the Rainbow uniform.

i know...?
    i know...?

I totally misread what you said, thought you said 'I loved the Brownie uniform which was the pinnie...'

Whoops! Sorry! :)
    I totally misread what you said, thought you said 'I loved the Brownie uniform which was the pinnie...'

Whoops! Sorry! :)

hehe no it's fine, you just confused me! thought you were taking the michael 'cause i called it a pinny. :p
    hehe no it's fine, you just confused me! thought you were taking the michael 'cause i called it a pinny. :p

No way! I absolutely love the word pinny. And tabard. They make me giddy. :blush:

How sad am I?!! :D
    No way! I absolutely love the word pinny. And tabard. They make me giddy. :blush:

How sad am I?!! :D

nice words i'll agree, but how they make you giddy i'm not so sure!
    nice words i'll agree, but how they make you giddy i'm not so sure!

I'm not ashamed to admit to being a bit of a mong, sometimes.

All the time, in fact. ;)
    This is a bit off the subject, but have you seen the new brownie uniforms, sooooo modern!! :love:
    But, does anyone know where they will still stock the old uniform? They changed it in 2002 you see...

We're just looking for the t-shirts -
    The old uniform was a chocolate brown cotton dress, with yellow neck thing...
    The old uniform was a chocolate brown cotton dress, with yellow neck thing...

This has already been established. Please read back a few pages. :p
    We found Brownie tops! Woo!

A little old sports shop near where I live sold a few of the old tops... I managed to get a jumper and my mates got the polo neck t-shirts.

I'm just getting ready to go out - so pictures to follow... :p
    We found Brownie tops! Woo!

A little old sports shop near where I live sold a few of the old tops... I managed to get a jumper and my mates got the polo neck t-shirts.

I'm just getting ready to go out - so pictures to follow... :p

ooo :hyper:

Have fun!
    Aye have fun!!
    I had the brown dress too, I feel old :(
    I still have the yellow neck thing somewhere....