Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fuck this, I'm outta here!

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Right now, I'm in my last week working at Haven. My employment there officially comes to an end on October 31st, but I finish work on the 28th. (three days holiday pay to finish the month) Throughout the summer, I've coped fine with the shop being ridicilously busy and having to do all the work by myself whilst supervisors sit in the back drinking coffee... Anyway, that changed yesterday. When I started my shift at 2.30pm, the shop floor was a mess, the tills had barely any change and the queue was about a mile long. Worse still, all those on morning shift had gone, so it was just me on my own. Where was my supervisor? Go on, guess... :rolleyes:

After about five minutes of trying to serve on the till and people whinging they couldn't get service on the bakery, I walked off the till. I went into the back and grabbed my coat. When my supervisor asked what I was doing, I said "I'm not working like this. There's a queue to the end of the earth, people are complaining about the bakery, we haven't got enough carrier bags, the tills have no change... what do you supervisors do all day?!". The supervisor on the morning shift was still there and did not take this criticism kindly. Somehow, they managed to talk me into staying... God only knows how.

Anyway, have you ever walked out in the middle of a shift? Just literally said "right, I've had enough of this", gone to get your coat and skedaddled off the premises?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Nope.
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I've left work in the middle of a shift before, but that was because I was puking lots and they didn't want the kids to get my bug :|
    No. Although I have gone home from work because I couldn't take it, but I took a more less likely to get sacked route and went home because of a "family emergency". In reality, I spent the 2 hours I was there broken down in tears in the stockroom until my friend called Dad to tell him to collect me. I needed the jobs too much to just walk out.
    Only because I was ill.

If customers are complaining, you grin and bear it. You can't just leave. Try having a mile long queue of customers all wanting lattes and running out of milk. That's hard, but we managed it.
    I used to enjoy pacifying an irate customer every now and then. More interesting than the usual tedium.
    no i haven't and i can't see i would. it's not really worth it. who cares if the customers moan about the bakery, it's not your fault is it. i'm sure you could've managed a few more days without walking out!
    I have...I'd only been there a month and the bitching and sniping was more than I could handle. I drove to work, couldn't find a parking space so I drove back home never to return!! Mu hah haaa!
    I have...I'd only been there a month and the bitching and sniping was more than I could handle. I drove to work, couldn't find a parking space so I drove back home never to return!! Mu hah haaa!

Oh yeah, i've done that before... a couple times. Then there was once, I went to lunch and never came back, that was on the second day too. One time when a job called to ask if I was coming, I said no and that was the last of that. And twice also, I got drunk at like 10am, went to get some starbucks, passed work on the way, (both times they were stores) bought something and when they told me i should be working I said, I know, and that was it.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I was working as a forklift driver/yard man for my mates old man at his steel fabrication company. He'd been giving me grief all day simply because he was in bad mood, and I just bit my tongue. Come lunchtime a fuck off big delivery came in and he went off on one again in front of the driver, I jacked in there and then leaving him to sort it out for himslef.

Cunt.
    Weekender Offender 
    Only once, in my very first job. I was sick of being ignored by all the staff and just given all the skivy work to do even though I had my own stuff to do. I was 16 and working for £3 an hour. :o I walked in one day, and everyone was sat in the corner looking at something together, photos or something. So I said 'Hiya!' and they all just looked up at me like :|. So I just grabbed my stuff and walked straight back out. Bollocks to that!
    I walked out in the middle of a shift once and made sure everyone knew about it. I use to have a supervisor who did nothing what so ever and use to hide away in an office with his little backstabbing friend, anyway one day he came up to me and gave me a load of shitty jobs to do which were nothing to do with me. I disputed this with my duty manager and she didnt hava clue what to say and was pretty much defending the other guy, so i went str8 to my locker, cleared everything out and stuck my two fingers up...the next day, the director tried to entice me back into the career i was supposedly spose to be following there so i hit the nerve 'sorry mate, im off to uni to get a real job!!' that was that, everytime i see people from there now i have a little laugh to myself hehe :yippe: twats
    Only once, in my very first job. I was sick of being ignored by all the staff and just given all the skivy work to do even though I had my own stuff to do. I was 16 and working for £3 an hour. :o I walked in one day, and everyone was sat in the corner looking at something together, photos or something. So I said 'Hiya!' and they all just looked up at me like :|. So I just grabbed my stuff and walked straight back out. Bollocks to that!

I'd have loved to have seen the look on their faces. Bet it was priceless.
    I'd have loved to have seen the look on their faces. Bet it was priceless.

You know what? I wish I'd have seen it too. But I was absolutely livid and I just stormed out, I didn't even look at them!

I did have a little laugh in the car park though, muahahaa. ;)
    I havent walked out on my shifts before, even though I've been tempted. I've had customers shout that I'm lying about the sizes of the clothes when they are BLATENTLY trying on something two sizes too small.
    nope but I have over stayed lunch breaks...sometimes for an hour or more then sneak back in
    better than walking into work this morning to find the door open, the safes open, the safes empty, cash all over the floor

and realising you have just walked into a crime scene, and the reason your boss isnt answering his phone, has something to do with the fact that he's still tied up from when he was held at gunpoint
    I haven't, but the other cadet on my last ship said he was thinking about asking to get off at the next port because the Chief had given him a bad performance review.
    hehehe some of you guys are legends lol

i've never walked out of a job before well not dramatically anyway. My very first job serving customers and it was really busy and they were getting arsey and things got mixed up that i just walked outta da room n burst into tears. :crying: but hey i was young but i've learnt to be a bit more ballsy now lol :razz: my second job i liked but it was crap pay so i never returned after xmas and my last official job i heard they were sacking people just because n i knew i'd be one of them as i wasn't part of the "in-crowd" i.e. kiss the managers ass so i sent them a resignation letter citing uni commitments hehehe. pretty lame i know but just thought i'd say my piece :p