Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

shoot to kill extended to DV situations

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
so police will have the power to shoot suspects over suspected domestic violence and kidnap and stalking :s

and this does whom any good?

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article322021.ece

Comments

• Options
    I'll overlook your poor grammar and suggest that the victim may benefit. I'd be happy for the police to shoot dead anyone who decided to put a gun to my head.
  • Options
    Looks like the UK is establishing a de facto death penalty and one that evinces the very "cowboy" mentality for which my own country is so often rightly criticized.

Obviously Judge Dread has done more to influence the direction of Home Affairs than all the protest marches and activism of recent years combined.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Kentish wrote:
    I'll overlook your poor grammar and suggest that the victim may benefit. I'd be happy for the police to shoot dead anyone who decided to put a gun to my head.
    Same. If a guy is beating his wife as well, I'd shoot the cunt.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Same. If a guy is beating his wife as well, I'd shoot the cunt.

And if the wife was being her guy?

No, I don't think you would either.

What a ludicrous idea. Just like the whole mandatory prosecutions for DV, for that matter. The Court system is now clogged up with cases of DV where the main witness has to be summonsed to court to testify against their partner, with the threat of imprisonment if they don't (and they don't want to).

And now police can shoot-to-kill? Christ.
  • Options
    It is only a matter of time before this totalitarian police enforcement is equipped with handguns, then the great Left-wing revolution will be complete. Dissidents will be crushed.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And if the wife was being her guy?

Same situation. You think she is special just because she is female?

I thought we had equality?
  • Options
    You live in a dreamworld Slippy if you think Blair's government is left wing. The totalitarianism of which you speak is the gift of a hardline right wing criminal US administration, which Downing Street slavish serves like good little lapdogs.
  • Options
    People make the mistake of thinking that the Bush administration is a fanatical Right-wing mob of ultra conservatives. Nothing could be further from the truth.
  • Options
    Regardless of how communist the Bush administration is, there really isn't any need for attacking someone for bringing up issues with a link - I can think of a number of members who do the same that don't get the same treatment.
  • Options
    Was that aimed at me? wheresmyplacebo is keeping the debates going I like his threads.
  • Options
    the worrying bit is ...'shoot suspects.'
    tell me thats not what was meant.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    the worrying bit is ...'shoot suspects.'
    tell me thats not what was meant.
    Same here. The others above have focused on whether abusers deserve to be shot; but the issue is that all someone's wife will have to do is fall on her knees and say "No, no, please let me go" and the police would probably shoot the poor guy who had no idea what she was talking about.
  • Options
    despite the evr growing list of mistakes and outrages ...the rising number of dead innocents ...more people are being picked out as legitamate targets ...what the hell is going on?
  • Options
    It is only a matter of time before this totalitarian police enforcement is equipped with handguns, then the great Left-wing revolution will be complete. Dissidents will be crushed.

Are you on crack?
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Are you on crack?

No, he;s high on religion¬! :lol: