Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Thrush Being Passed On

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What are the chances of thrush being passed onto your partner?
Would you be mad at your partner if it was passed on to you?
Thanks x

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A few of our articles on the subject

threatening thrush

Thrush factsheet

male thrush
    thrush is a fungus that naturally lives on our bodies, you will find it on your skin, in your mouth and in the vagina amongst othr places. the bodies natural bacteria and a healthy immune system keeps it under control but if your body is under some kind of stress such as depression, feeling low, strong antibiotics, caning it too much or toomuch sugar in the blood ie diabetes, etc, this fungus overgrows. Its easily treated with antifungals pessaries or cream or tablets from your GP, the ones over the counter are not really strong enuff but yes you can try the ones OTC.
    If your BF has it in his mouth, (check pic for oral thrush to see what it looks like) and gives you oral, or if you have it in your vagina etc then it can be passed on only IF your bodys immune system is LOW, ie you're feeling a bit crappy, so no i wouldnt be mad. It isnt a sign that he has been cheating on you, more a sign that he or you need some TLC. Increase vit C intake, that helps and avoid sugars for a while as it feeds the fungal growth. hope this helps.
    Hey thanks, iv done a lot of research on the matter but got asked if it could be passed on and was unsure what to say! I'd feel really bad if so, as it's not the nicest of things to have. Anyone got any experiences with this? Thank you.
    Yes I have had this, and i got it from my exBF mouth,I could see it in his mouth. He had it cos he does alot of coke and eats lots of chocolate, (sugar + low immune system) and i was feeling pretty run down at the time so he went down on me and passed it on.
    I never knew it could be passed on like that. God knows why iv got it, but it can just happen randomly can't it?
    well no its most prob your diet but dont worry, just have some self control, you will be fine. and also underwear washed in biological detergent is another huge factor that affected me. i now use a little amount of non bio w pwdr. can u go to ur doc?
    Yeh i like rang my mum up and she panicked thinking i was pregnant, but she said to get my dad to ring the doctors up to make an appoinment and to take me but he's not here atm, but either way it'l get sorted out.
    Thats good, but seriously dont worry, its no big deal and all women get it at sometime in their life.
    After putting pessime, vaginal tablet inside, how long will it take for the itching to go away completely?