Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brownie Uniform! :D

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, so it's my 20th birthday on Saturday and me and my pals have planned a bit of a bender weekend. Starting with Thursday night... we all want to dress up as old school Brownies for a laugh! Yes, we are THAT immature...

But, does anyone know where they will still stock the old uniform? They changed it in 2002 you see...

We're just looking for the t-shirts - Brownie t-shirt

It's too late to buy them off the net (yeah, we're so unorganised) but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You could make your own with those iron-on transfer things. You could buy yelloe T-shirts and then just print whatever slogan you want. Or get it done in a print shop for a better job. ;)
    Violette wrote:
    That's a well good idea. I have a Brownie jumper, but I wear that as everyday wear. Haha. Erm.. dunno where you can get 'em from. Have you tried Top Form etc.? They might have some of the old ones. x

Haha! My mate does the same thing, but it's pretty small in the neck-hole area and gets stuck on her head all the time. Well funny.

Top Form...?! :confused:
    Kentish wrote:
    You could make your own with those iron-on transfer things. You could buy yelloe T-shirts and then just print whatever slogan you want. Or get it done in a print shop for a better job.

That's a pretty mint idea actually. I'll have to have a looky into that too!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Hold up a brownie meeting at gunpoint.
    probably unhelpful, but i get the impression you're having more than one night out over the weekend..why not re-arrange it for another night and so then you could try the internet? only other thing i can think of is going to a place that stocks brownie/guide and school uniforms and the likes but that might mean spending more than you want to.
    probably unhelpful, but i get the impression you're having more than one night out over the weekend..why not re-arrange it for another night and so then you could try the internet? only other thing i can think of is going to a place that stocks brownie/guide and school uniforms and the likes but that might mean spending more than you want to.

Yeah, we tried that. See, theres only about 4 of us that will actually do this... I'm going out on Friday for another mates fancy dress so thats already covered... and on Saturday there's lots of people coming out and some of them either a) won't join in, or 2) won't see the humour. So Thursday is our best bet really. I mean, it won't be the end of the world if we don't get them... was just looking for some ideas.

Thanks kids! :D xx
    JsT wrote:
    Hold up a brownie meeting at gunpoint.

Oh James, I love your helpfulness. Thanks! :|;)
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Oh James, I love your helpfulness. Thanks! :|;)
    Cheers babe. Although to be fair, I dont think they'll do Brownie uniforms for girls with your huge assets. :|
    JsT wrote:
    Cheers babe. Although to be fair, I dont think they'll do Brownie uniforms for girls with your huge assets. :|

Oh ha de ha. I'll squeeze them in, it'll be alright. ;)
    Am I the only one who thinks grown women dressing up like Brownies is a little odd?
    bongbudda wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks grown women dressing up like Brownies is a little odd?

I'm not really a grown woman. I'm a bit on the immature side. It'll totally work.
    JsT wrote:

lmao :lol:

none of your mates got any t-shirts tucked away somewhere from years ago?
    lmao :lol:

none of your mates got any t-shirts tucked away somewhere from years ago?

Nope! But funnily enough, everyone has kept their bloody sashes! So we're halfway there! :lol:

By the way, I was a Seconder for the Gnomes. ;)
    By the way, I was a Seconder for the Gnomes. ;)

I think that's what I was too :D
    I made sixer :D

god i hated the Brownies, me and my friend just used to go and be so naughty. My mum was a meanie and made me go. ;(
    beans wrote:
    I made sixer :D

god i hated the Brownies, me and my friend just used to go and be so naughty. My mum was a meanie and made me go. ;(

We just made milkshakes and played Rounders. And went to the Childrens Inn in Rowarth. God, I was so naughty that weekend.

I loved Brownies til I found football!
    I'm not really a grown woman. I'm a bit on the immature side. It'll totally work.

Its just a bit like 'Skool Disco' there seems to me to be a slightly paedophilic.
    bongbudda wrote:
    Its just a bit like 'Skool Disco' there seems to me to be a slightly paedophilic.

That's fair enough. Although I think the school disco is more so - short skirts, etc. I'm only going to be wearing a tshirt and a sash...

It's all meant to be in the name of fun anyway!
    that's not an old school brownie uniform!

this is:

unifrom6.gif
    kaffrin wrote:

this is:

unifrom6.gif

Yeah, but I'd rather cut my arms off than be seen in that. ;) Haha!
    Yeah, but I'd rather cut my arms off than be seen in that. ;) Haha!

i'll have you know they were the shiznit back in the day! with our little bobble hats and belts :(
    kaffrin wrote:
    i'll have you know they were the shiznit back in the day! with our little bobble hats and belts :(

kaff, you're fully showing your age there mate!

I was a yellow-tshirt-with-brown-culottes type brownie. :thumb:
    i think i got mine from a school uniform shop so you might be able get one from one in your area..?

God.. it all seems so long ago..
    kaff, you're fully showing your age there mate!

I was a yellow-tshirt-with-brown-culottes type brownie. :thumb:

it's not age, it's wisdom!
    Cazzoo wrote:
    i think i got mine from a school uniform shop so you might be able get one from one in your area..?

God.. it all seems so long ago..

Thanks pal, thanks everyone - I'm going to scour all charity shops/school uniform shops/random retro shops on Thursday when I get paid.

Think we'll probably end up getting them printed thanks to Kentish :p

kaffrin wrote:
    it's not age, it's wisdom!

Sorry mate, wisdom - that'll be me mixing up my words again! ;)
    kaffrin wrote:

this is:

unifrom6.gif

indeedy :yes:

(although i got kicked out for refusing to dance round the stupid paper mache toadstool thing each week coz i thought it was crap)
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I made a sixer too. Sadly, my uniform wasn't the sexy yellow tshirts and jumpers - it was the horrible brown dress :| Edit - yup, it was exactly like Kaffs :D I think I still have it somewhere too :)

However, in answer to your question, I have no idea. Could scout around the charity shops?
    Could scout around the charity shops?
    Boom boom. :lol:
    kaffrin wrote:
    And badges sewn down the arm, mine were always squint :(
    I wore the horrible yellow jumper, yellow shirt and brown skirt. I also had to wear this brown thing across my jumper which all my brownie badges were sewned onto. It was awful. Lol.

I used to love being a brownie though! :)

The brown thing is a sash. And they fuckin' rule. ;)