Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Health timebomb as rising cocaine use threatens heart problems in young

JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
Interesting article from the Guardian about the increase in cocaine use and its related health problems - link here . I would be interested in your responses - is it as big a problem as they are making out?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The drop in price at the same time as rising use show's clearly there is a lot more about now than there was, gram's at £40 are not uncommon and I think will become the norm soon.

Given how little anyone seems to know about the higher end of the cocaine trade I think it is hard to know how much use is increasing, but it does seem to be.
  • Options
    I know people who regularly grab a gram for £40

I really don't think £10 is going to make much of a difference, if they want it they'll buy it

Its not just the £10 though is it, that £40 is worth less now than it did in the past, drugs are one of the best inflation busting products. The price is coming down and the value of that money is also coming down.
  • Options
    Its not suprising concidering cokes the best profit making drug. I think a lot of people are realising just how much money there is to be made.
  • Options
    That Artical does make you think...

It can be a nasty thing if abused... well in some cases even if its taken lightly!

I have def seen an increase of sale and use of it in my area.

Some dealers have stopped selling things like pills, just because the profit on coke is so much better, thats all they bother to sell now!
  • Options
    yeah the dealers see a market for coke, whereas wheres the profit in e's?

There isnt one really... not anymore, not unless you are selling them in Bulk...

I think thats why they are becoming harder and harder to come by...

I hear MDMA poweder is becoming more common, maybe becuase that has a higher profit margin too?

Would be nice to see some floating about! :thumb:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I hear MDMA poweder is becoming more common, maybe becuase that has a higher profit margin too?

Its got to have, at £40 a gram when it might not even be pure there is quite a mark up on that.