Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Improving ones flexibility

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm currently in a reserve force, and some times I don’t get the gym 3 days a week as I like to now and now I have a strength imbalance which affects my lower back... but also I'm not a flexible as I like to be, would doing Yoga and break dancing(not at the same time throu) improve my flexibility and i believe that the more flexible I am the less likely I'll get injured
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yes it would
    Flexibility also comes from having a good cool-down stretch as well as it releases the tension in the muscles and helps them recover after a work-out.
    Also,to strengthen my lower back I do hyperextensions which help.
    You lay on your front with your hands either on your arse or by your head and lift your chest off the floor,hold then lower.Dont lift too high though,stop when your chest is off the floor at about the bottom of your breastbone or lower depending on you. :thumb:
    The best is pilates, it focuses on your back, vertebre by vertebre and always starts from the neutral position of your body. You will never injur if u do pilates and you will become super flexible over time and it tones your muscles and maintains the amount of weight you can lift (strength). I found out this after going 2 a week for 3 weeks. i do alot of hardcore cardio so i was very inflexible.

Yoga in gyms tends to be less chalenging and boring. Pilates was perfect for me.