Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bad experiences with weed

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, so I bought my first 8th a week or so ago. I have had the odd toke here and there in the past, but I've always been drunk so I've never really felt anything (not sure if this is through not smoking enough or through being too drunk to notice).

So this was my first time smoking sober and smoking a significant amount. Well the first joint I smoked I definitely felt something, and was entirely unpleasurable! I think maybe I smoked too much and nothing about the experience was very nice. Since then I've not been putting so much in the joints I've rolled and while it hasn't been like my first attempt, it still hasn't exactly been a particularly nice experience. Basically it's just made me feel really tired.

Does weed just not agree with some people? Or is it more likely that I've just been sold some crappy weed?

Another thing, once I had ground up the buds, I removed the stems like I had been told but couldn't see anything that obviously looked like seeds. Why might this be? And what exactly do they look like?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I presume by your description you have been sold 'skunk' the general term for most herbal cannabis in the UK.

This should not have seeds in it, you dont want seeds, they do not contain anything useful (except a good oil which can be used for baking, cosmetics and other uses).

The reason you dont have seeds is the grower removes the males before they have a chance to fertilise the female. She then goes all out to get pollen, she creates more hairs and smells more. Anyway, thats not really important right now.

As for the reason you are not enjoying it, some people just dont, it isnt for them. You may have not been sold decent weed, this will affect the experience.
    bongbudda wrote:
    This should not have seeds in it, you dont want seeds, they do not contain anything useful (except a good oil which can be used for baking, cosmetics and other uses).

As for the reason you are not enjoying it, some people just dont, it isnt for them. You may have not been sold decent weed, this will affect the experience.

Ahh ok. I had read that you needed to remove both the stems and the seeds from the mix before smoking, but that probably wasn't true then.

Maybe I just don't enjoy it then. I'm gonna smoke a bit more of what I have, and maybe buy some more from a different source to see if it was just the weed that I bought, but I suspect maybe I just don't enjoy it, which sucks as I really wanted to.

Another thing I forgot to mention, it doesn't really seem to smell like I thought it would. In fact, it doesn't really have much of a smell at all when I smoke it (the bag of unsmoked buds does have a rather distinct smell though). Certainly not like the strong smell I had come to associate with weed from when other people smoke it.
    Some weed will have seeds in it, but that is becoming more rare because most weed in the UK is now indoor grown and the growers remove the males. When you are growing on a hill side it is rare to remove all the males.

The smell is strong in the bag because there is lots in there, its not strong when you smoke it because there isnt that much in the spliff. Some people's spliffs smell stronger because they smoke more, its personal choice. Less is sometimes more when it comes to cannabis.

How used to tobacco are you? Because that might be affecting the experience.
    bongbudda wrote:
    How used to tobacco are you? Because that might be affecting the experience.

I've only ever smoked the odd cigarette here and there, but I would say I can take tobacco well enough, so I'm not so sure.
    Its just some people dont get on well with nicotine, it is a horrid little drug after all. I'd suggest not putting much tobacco in, it might help.
    Sephiroth wrote:
    Ok, so I bought my first 8th a week or so ago. I have had the odd toke here and there in the past, but I've always been drunk so I've never really felt anything (not sure if this is through not smoking enough or through being too drunk to notice).

So this was my first time smoking sober and smoking a significant amount. Well the first joint I smoked I definitely felt something, and was entirely unpleasurable! I think maybe I smoked too much and nothing about the experience was very nice. Since then I've not been putting so much in the joints I've rolled and while it hasn't been like my first attempt, it still hasn't exactly been a particularly nice experience. Basically it's just made me feel really tired.

Does weed just not agree with some people? Or is it more likely that I've just been sold some crappy weed?

Another thing, once I had ground up the buds, I removed the stems like I had been told but couldn't see anything that obviously looked like seeds. Why might this be? And what exactly do they look like?

The seeds just look like ordinary seeds, occasionally you'll find them but not so often if you're dealer is okay.

As for not liking the experience...plenty of people don't like getting high...paranoia etc. If you're an edgy, anxious type then it's probably best well-avoided...
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Went to hell on weed last night, not nice at fucking all. Bad place where I was, can't remember ot much of the real world, but that was bad. Dragons and shit, my eyes were of fire and I was dead to the world in torment and hell... the voices wern't nice either.

But yeah, Weed can be bad. But take it easy and you're fine, I reakon I just took way to much. Know your limits.
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Went to hell on weed last night, not nice at fucking all. Bad place where I was, can't remember ot much of the real world, but that was bad. Dragons and shit, my eyes were of fire and I was dead to the world in torment and hell... the voices wern't nice either.

But yeah, Weed can be bad. But take it easy and you're fine, I reakon I just took way to much. Know your limits.

Wow....

I hace never heard of weed having such a strong or bad effect on people!
    JamesZero wrote:
    Wow....

I hace never heard of weed having such a strong or bad effect on people!

Tell me about it! Hit me like a bitch, I really was NOT expecting that... Every othe time i've been fine, happy, and relaxed, but that was just.. not right. Ah well, better luck next time, eh?
    did you whitey?

lol
    Whitey!!! :D Nah urrm
    Weed doesn't agree with everyone, it didn't agree with one of my mates, he had like 1/2 a single of this pretty strong stuff and was puking all over the shop, whereas i had a few kings worth and felt happy as anything ..I wouldn't worry about it, maybe smoke less and see the effects, if you feel like that again, you'll know its not for you !
    JamesZero wrote:
    Wow....

!
    oh yes!
    Mekhi wrote:
    Whitey!!! :D Nah urrm
    Weed doesn't agree with everyone, it didn't agree with one of my mates, he had like 1/2 a single of this pretty strong stuff and was puking all over the shop, whereas i had a few kings worth and felt happy as anything ..I wouldn't worry about it, maybe smoke less and see the effects, if you feel like that again, you'll know its not for you !

I've been smoking it ages! Never had this before, guess I just took too much or something.
    you'd be surpised at how psychological a bad reaction to weed is .. right when i started smoking quite a lot someone pointed this out to me and said that anytime i start to feel a bit dodgy from smoking too much i should start telling myself im going to be fine and keep saying it in my head

over the last few years theres been a good few times ive smoked very silly amounts but i've never whitied and ended up throwin up or freaking out .. ive been on the verge and felt quite close a few times but when i start telling myself im gonna be ok i feel better

if i constantly smoke for a while ill just fall into a nice sleep .. no bad effects
    z01 wrote:
    you'd be surpised at how psychological a bad reaction to weed is .. right when i started smoking quite a lot someone pointed this out to me and said that anytime i start to feel a bit dodgy from smoking too much i should start telling myself im going to be fine and keep saying it in my head

over the last few years theres been a good few times ive smoked very silly amounts but i've never whitied and ended up throwin up or freaking out .. ive been on the verge and felt quite close a few times but when i start telling myself im gonna be ok i feel better

if i constantly smoke for a while ill just fall into a nice sleep .. no bad effects
    and knowing mo ome ever did go crazy ...apart frokm crazt people ...is a great comfort at the time.
    The exact same thing has happened to me before, i thought i was going to puke everywhere and go crazy, but i just kept telling myself i was going to be ok. Ive never whiteyd, and i enjoy weed, just had to much that time.

I just had way to much at once, i can smoke quite allot spliff by spliff without any problems though.
    This probably doesn't happen with many people, but I find that when backy from a straight is put into a joint, I get really depressive and paranoid. This never happens when I smoke blunts, or a joint with proper backy. I have a few friends who experienced the same sort of thing with straight backy.
    This probably doesn't happen with many people, but I find that when backy from a straight is put into a joint, I get really depressive and paranoid. This never happens when I smoke blunts, or a joint with proper backy. I have a few friends who experienced the same sort of thing with straight backy.

Nicotine itself makes me nervy sometimes.

What do you mean straight backy?
    bongbudda wrote:
    What do you mean straight backy?
    Backy out of a fag basicly.
    Backy out of a fag basicly.

Ahhh, I see what you mean. Fag backy certainly is dryer and there are persistant rumours that they put chemicals and what not in them too.
    fuck that rolling tobacco is discusting in joints
    rolly baccy is rotten in joints, tastes rotten but it lastes longer.

Well I just got sick of being stoned all the time and don't smoke anymore, tried a joint last month and took a severe panic attack, really freaked me out so i'm not smoking blow anymore. I feel like a wee amateur though, not being able to even smoke a joint, but I suppose I just cained too much and my mind can't hack drugs anymore.
    Stems & seeds

The reason you remove the stems and seeds is a stem could poke a hole in your rolling papers so you wont get as good a toke, and seeds can explode violently like popcorn when the burning tip reaches them, ive seen the whole tip of a joint blow off from a seed. I usually just leave them in, seeds are extremely rare in good pot but its not like a vital step to remove them from your mix just because snoop dogg says so. :naughty: