Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interview on monday at the co op

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any advice people? I thought I'd buggered it up because I didn't fill in the application form very well, but obviously they didn't think it was that bad, since I handed it in monday afternoon and got a letter thursday morning.

Obviously, bonus points for presentation, but that's not what it's about raelly (i think i'll go smart casual, not in a full suit (my suit is too big for me!) but like trousers and shirt with a jumper maybe? Anyway, should I be revising my responses to what questions they might ask, because at the moment I'm downplaying it so I don't get stressed and am just thinking 'pretend it's jsut a friendly tea + biscuits chat' - because at the end of the day they know the interviewees are under pressure and the first impression like friendliness / charisma might take precedent.

I wrote I was applying for any position, which they translated to 'customer service assistant' but that's just a general retail person isn't it? I've never had an interview before (i think I've already mentioned that) so any advice tips and stuff would be received gratefully.

Thanks in advance :)
Rich

Comments

• Options
    They'll just want to check you're not a complete muppet so I think your attitude is the right one. No harm in dressing smart - that'll be an important part of your job afterall.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Don't know exactly what your interview will be like but mine for a Co-op department store was basically a description of what I would have to do for the job, filling in some forms and being told to start the following day. The lady interviewing me told me "this is probably the easiest interview you'll ever have" and it was!

Other than that for retail they might ask you things like give an example of a time you have worked as part of a team, they might ask you how you think you can provide good customer service, that sort of thing. Good luck with it all anyway :)
  • Options
    Don't know exactly what your interview will be like but mine for a Co-op department store was basically a description of what I would have to do for the job, filling in some forms and being told to start the following day. The lady interviewing me told me "this is probably the easiest interview you'll ever have" and it was!

Other than that for retail they might ask you things like give an example of a time you have worked as part of a team, they might ask you how you think you can provide good customer service, that sort of thing. Good luck with it all anyway :)

I hope my interview is like that :) thanks for the help. Mine is a co-op superstore, one of the biggest in leicester i think.