Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

courses at work

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
having just been on a course paid for by work (well the course was free but they paid for the rest!) I wondered how you guys like doing courses at your place? Do you mind staying over and having to spend all day with your colleagues? Do they pay for your food and drink? Or are they mean and expect you to attend and foot the costs yourself?

I really had a great time and it was at the VLA in surrey where they're tesing for bird flu-we had a tour of the site and the guy pointed out the avian lab! eek! hehe

Comments

• Options
    i enjoy courses at work n get to do loads.. which is good because i'll have a lot of skills when i leave for another job..
    i recently went to a conference in Reading (i live in london) and really enjoyed it, u get to meet loads of people and because there are two young girls who i work with, we had a right laugh, especially the nights
  • Options
    Heh - any courses I attend in the industry I work in are usually terrible. Just a load of nerds that have nothing better to think about than being enthused about some new fangled crap.

Assuming I can charge myself out at my usual daily rate and the course is being paid for, I just go and have a snooze in the back. If they're not footing the bill, they can sod off and i'll be in the office.

I only do my job for the money - not for the satisfaction! Hahah
  • Options
    I enjoy the training I do at my work. It's either for my NVQ or projects. I went on a course this week about managing challenging behaviour. We get our travel paid for, lunch in either provided or we get £9 topwards the cost, if we stay over the hotel is provided and also £13 towards the evening meal.