Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Kinky Hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When I go out, I'm boogy my botty off till the early hours...but my hair never survives. I straighten my usually really straight hair, and I have a parting straight through the middle. I tuck one side behind my ear and the other half falls in my face. But as the night goes on, I'm moving me hair out of my face more often and I get this kink.

My hair starts the nights, straight all over, then this kink comes about - and it's all greasy and manky for club boogyage, so I'm wondering, is there anything to help my hair out? Any straightening mousse or cream that helps the hold, sprays...anything? I go out look foxy and come out looking rough!

Here's a photoy of the kink (imagine a before straightness!):

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It looks a bit like a cows lick, does it only appear when you're in a hot environment?
    It looks a bit like a cows lick, does it only appear when you're in a hot environment?

It's like, when I used to use shampoo and conditioner, the conditioner made my hair slippery and greasy and it would cause this kink if I touched my hair too often. Course in a club, sweatness cause my hair to go ganky and greasy and it happens again.
    Why not spray this particular piece of hair after you've straightened it with hairspray. And lots of it?
    i find sometimes hairspray makes it worse when you're in a humid environment. have you tried straightening it across your face? so kind of in the opposite way to the way it kinks? i realise that probably makes no sense! or you could move your parting?
    Id say try changing your parting, or try using hair clips or something to try and "train" your hair to stay where it should!
    I have the same problem. I have naturally kinky hair and when I go out, any form of heat/moisture makes it kink and look awful.

My miracle cure, are Portable Straighteners - small enough for your handbag.
    I have a Braun style n go portable tongs - which can be used for straightening.

I don't leave the house without it.

Ilora x