Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Bleeding......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I took my pill back to back for some months, at least two. I have been bleeding, only a little like when I piss, and its happend once after sex. I think its cos of taking the pill back to back alot, im taking a break now, but aint had a period.... only stopped taking it yesterday.

My fella said I may be pregnant, his sis bled a little while she was, but I doubt im pregnant.

I think its just cos I took the pill back to back, have any of you lot had this??

Cheers :thumb:

Comments

• Options
    If you use the pill back to back it can delay your withdrawal bleed when you do eventually take the break.

No harm in doing a pregnancy test though.
  • Options
    What do you mean taking it back to back? You could still be getting used to the pill, I bled at odd times for the first 2 months. Unless the blood is actually in your urine, then I doubt that has to do with the pill, get it checked out.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    What do you mean taking it back to back?
    Two or more packs without a 7 day break.
  • Options
    There wasnt any blood in my urine.

Also, one day I forgot to take my pill, and I think thats the reason I may of been bleeding??

Im just worried, cos someone said they had a cyst while on the pill and she was bleeding. I aint had no pain.
  • Options
    Sorry to divert the original question, but what if you have the 28 day pill pack? I've heard there are 21 days and then you take a break as each cycle starts in 28 days. I was always taught (and i've had 3 different gynos and a mother) to start the next pack the next day and breaking is bad.
  • Options
    Sorry I didnt get that.

But im on microgynon, i have a 7 day break. I've been on it about a year and had no problems, until now.
  • Options
    It is possible that having missed a pill has caused you to have a bit of bleeding. Just keep an eye on it and if youre still worried go see your doctor. Also I think some people just don't do well with the taking it back to back thing cos your body isn't used to not having periods every month.
  • Options
    I think I'm just jumping to conclusions!!

I think its cos I missed a pill, then took one really late another day!

If I dont come on by next week, then I'll do a test.
  • Options
    I can't take packs back to back, I always have my withdrawal bleed anyway, so there's not much point. I also start bleeding if I miss a pill, and don't generally stop until I stop taking my pill for the 7 day break.