Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Pete Docherty is a twat part 16484

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Pete's a living legend IMO. He's the Sid Vicious of our generation and as far as I'm concerned, I think he'll be dead before he's 30 and then he'll be appreciated for the following he had. He has hoards of fans for a reason, ths guy projects the kind of aura that hasn't been around for a very long time.

You know he's going to die young though, simply because it's a natural part of him being who he is. He's not the kind of bloke who will be able to save himself and if he can't save himself, no one else will have any chance.

I'll probably get verbally abused for having this opinion and I can see where you lot are coming from - on the face of it he hasn't done and isn't doing anything apart from going to parties, getting stoned and pissed, going out with supermodels and shagging underage girls. But that's Rock 'n' Roll I'm afraid. I'm not saying it's right, it's just the lifestyle.

I hate pop/dance/RnB and the mainstream so much that I'll celebrate anyone like Pete Doherty for daring to be different. He's a fucking rebel, and there's a rebel in everyone. Maybe the reason why so many of you dislike him is because he's doing exactly what you would do given half the chance. He's got balls.

Bring back anarchy, that's what I say.
  • Options
    He has hoards of fans for a reason

He does?!
  • Options
    BumbleBee wrote:
    He does?!

Yes :p
  • Options
    I love Pete - and I agree he'll be dead before he's 30... he'll just get to a point where he can't hack it anymore. He was on at Manchester Academy last night and I couldn't go, but my mate went and I'm dying to know how it went.

I love the fact he's different and that he really doesn't give a flying fuck. I agree with the zimmerman. :D
  • Options
    People hate him because he is a junkie. They whinge and give off about him, and read stories about him, then give off some more to their mates about him and complain about the media attention he gets. 'OMG, Pete Docherty is a wanker!!'

He's an easy target for the public's hatred and has now become a national obsession now. The papers love him, because he sells stories to the twats who are obsessed with hating him.
  • Options
    Oh right. I just thought he was a shit singer/songwriter.