Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Datura

Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
Ok, this is obviously a completley mad thing. Takes you out for Days... I have read accounts, and spoken to a freind I know who had taken some... obviously i'd need some free time to waste, like, a few days to spend someplace safe where I can't do any harm.

But from what i've heard from accoutns and that freind, this is a "once in a lifetime" type thing. You should try it... but you won't do it ever again. It sounds fucking scary, but rather interesting.

Worth it or not?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No. Much like nutmeg its one of those drugs which is really best left alone.

z0ma has done it and he'll tell you its a foul experience. Unless you are very very experienced with hallucinogens dont go anywhere near it, and even if you are dont.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    The ever useful Erowid Datura Vault. Off the top of my head the main advice I have read is that you should always have a sitter with you and it really needs to be treated with respect if you are going to get the most out of it.
    ED: in fact Erowid has this to say -
    Warning: Datura use has been linked to many deaths, especially at higher dosages. Even very small amounts of plant material can produce extremely strong, unpleasant, and dangerous effects. Doing a web search on Datura will bring up numerous news stories about deaths related to Datura.

So I guess the upshot is be very cautious with this one.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Some of my mates have tried Henbane which is meant to be similar and they had a fucking awful time.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    If you have a low IQ and want to have a bad time...then yes, it's a great idea...otherwise...no it's not worth it.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    If you have a low IQ and want to have a bad time...then yes, it's a great idea...otherwise...no it's not worth it.

Hmm, ok.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Hmm, ok.

You're intrested in trying Datura but not MDMA? :confused:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

Most people I know who don't take E's say it's because "it's full of chemical shite" while burning in copius amounts of soapbar shite into a joint :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Never taken datura but always had some kind of interest in it, i'd never do it though. Only person i heard of taking it was z0ma and he said he'd never do it again.

Some boy in germany cut his dick and tongue off after taking some of it, i'd stay well clear of a drug that makes you do that but i suppose each to their own.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Who said I am not? Heh, just Datura can be found for free if I see some. But, if it really is just going to be a mad, unpleasant trip, then no.

I should go shrooming with a girl I know really, she is a guru on all things of this matter.
  • Options
    if you're gonna go picking you're gonna have to hurry up

only a few weeks left :(