Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls in Boots?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm looking for some cool ideas for shoes this season, anyone know what styles are 'in' (knee high or lower)? I'm at the new custom design website (timberland.com/customboots) where you can design your own boots. I was thinking about going black with red (or pink?) stiching and silver eyelets.

I tend to mix a bunch of different things together to fit my taste. I think it's possible to take a popular style and make it your own, maybe I'm wrong...? What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Timberlands are for Chavs, boyband members and rappers.

Not for girls. Stay away, love.

You want lovely suede knee high wedges, or round toe Chloe look-a-like knee highs with a thick heel.
  • Options
    yeah I gotta say I am not a fan of timberlands. They make me think of hiking boots...and also chavs :S

Suede boots are nicer..if you want to get some fashion ideas look in a magazine.

I guess there is nothing wrong with experimenting with different styles to find something to suit you.
  • Options
    Timberlands...
    Are you 14?
    Are you a chav?
    Are you a builder?

If you answered yes to any of these then by all means go ahead.
    But please for the love of god just NO!!!!
  • Options
    clicky

If you look in the shoes bit I bought the grey suede flat buckle up boots today. Won't let me save it as a picture grrrr.

But theyre yummy. I think I may be in love. :love:

I have to agree with the general opnion here, timberlands= :no:
  • Options
    :( I quite like the look of Timberland Roll-tops. But I wouldn't buy them on fear of ridicule/clown feet.
  • Options
    Timberlands... :yuck:

These however.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Ilora-Danon/phwoar.jpg - Oooh yes, :yes:

Ilora x
  • Options

These however.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Ilora-Danon/phwoar.jpg - Oooh yes, :yes:

Ilora x
    Well theyd be ok if they didnt have that ridiculous platform on them.

I dont mind timberland boots or those caterpillar boots, but I dont do 10 mile hikes or work on a building site, so dont see the point of getting utility boots.
  • Options
    im not a fan of girls wearing timberlands.

But i love my own pair of timberlands on myself, they look good with any jeans or casual trousers. and makes me feel bigger and heavier
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    :( I quite like the look of Timberland Roll-tops. But I wouldn't buy them on fear of ridicule/clown feet.

well you do have chav in your username, we'd expect nothing less or nothing more.

:p
  • Options
    Was going to get something like that.

But I'm a builder, what's your excuse?
  • Options
    they ming. i always laugh when i see people wearing ridiculous sized wedges.
  • Options
    As my ma would say, "clodhoppers".
  • Options

Ilora x

vile. :sour:
  • Options
    I can't say timberlands ever struck me as the SEXIEST of shoes to wear...There are some really nice ones in Office at the mo', knee high lace up suede and leather. £90 but they're gorgeous, i may have fallen in love with them too. sorry i cant post a picture, i can't find the bloody website!
  • Options
    AmsyBamsy wrote:
    I can't say timberlands ever struck me as the SEXIEST of shoes to wear...There are some really nice ones in Office at the mo', knee high lace up suede and leather. £90 but they're gorgeous, i may have fallen in love with them too. sorry i cant post a picture, i can't find the bloody website!

http://www.officeholdings.co.uk/main.shtml :)

Recently got myself these brown ones which turned up not as shiny or tacky as the picture looked so am quite happy as needed some smart brown boots.

but am quite taken with although they're really not my usual sort of thing
    these ones

Trying to find a pair of flatter or comfy boots for working behind the bar as I usually wear trainers but sometimes i need to be more smartly dressed and 4 inch heels hurt like hell after 4 hours of bar work :) Hence why i've got a pair of boots similar to timberlands. I'm not chav, i'm not 14 and i don't think i look cool, they're just so bloody comfy but really not very practical for working with liquids . :yes:
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone :) I thought they would be okay if you could make them whatever colors/design you wanted. I didn't mean the tan ones with the red laces like construction workers and lumber jack wear! lol I work for Timberland so I was considering designing my own pair, but I guess I've been staring at them for too long!!! lol But I still think they could be cute worn with the right thing...

And I LOVE those black platform boots btw!! Thanks