Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

altered way of thinking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
does anyone else think their way of thinking has changed after dabbling with lsd, mushrooms etc etc ?

many people told me about this before i went near anything trippy but i couldnt really understand it

now im positive i think about some things differently ... its hard to explain .. its like my way of thinking is sorta related to the way i analyse things in my head when im tripping ... and i tend to put a lot of thought into things that dont matter ... and think about things in strange ways

it doesnt really have any negative impact, and its very hard to describe the thoughts in words ... its just a weird wee thing ive definatly noticed and im interested to hear if anyone has noticed anything similar?

Comments

• Options
    I think drugs have altered my thinking quite a bit, I'm much more open minded and perceptive but it may be down to age.
  • Options
    They can do certainly, and not always for the better, but then there is the school of thought that suggests there are no bad trips, just learning experiences.

However, I think actually a lot of the changes people experience are also to do with their age. Most people use hallucinogens for the first time in their late teens early twenties, this is a time when you are learning a lot about yourself anyway. Is it the drugs or just you growing up?
  • Options
    after taking mind altering drugs it isnt strange to notice that you can think differently, but reaaly your only thinking differently because the drug put a different perspective forward to you so then you automatically think the drug has altered your thinking but i think its nothing to do with the drug but its all in your head

its not 'automatic' or immediate tho its over a period of time

its too difficult to explain!
  • Options
    Well I think it's one of those things that only proper druggies can understand and experiencs, like I walk down the street and I see people living their stuppid boring lives everday and I do reflect on all thatg shit, though I've learned recently to go with the flow and just pretend everything is normal (even when it's not ;) )
  • Options
    yes ...mood altering mind altering/
  • Options
    for sure it changes your way of thinking about all sorts of stuff......i think i appreciate the little things more, the inter-connectedness of life on earth etc.......i think it also helps me realise what is really important in life, and what isn't.....
  • Options
    explanation then: drugs alter your mind therefore if you become a regular user it can change your thoughts, feelings etc.i never said immediate

i dont regularly use lsd or mushrooms

the effects im talking about are specfic to these drugs, lsd mostly

i dunno .. really cant explain it properly lol