Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tube Killing Investigation Blocked

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well, "Sir" Ian Blair (Is it something in the name? - ed) tries to block it according to letter released today.

Story

Now this won't come as much of a surprise to those of us who questioned the murder from the start.

I suppose we should all remember that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. ;)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Given that the IPPC are investigating the case it does seem he was overuled. And whilst you may not agree with him trying to delay an investigation it doesn't mean that there isn't a risk of security tactics being revealed.

And given that the IPPC managed to leak some of the information about an on-going investigation (and people would be screaming if that had been the police) Blair may have a point. Hopefully whoever leaked that information is looking at stretch in prison - unless there is one rule for the IPPC and one for the rest of us.

that said Blair should still resign - as he's been bloody useless so far, even worse than Stevens and I thought no-one could be more incompetent than him.
    I skim read the artical, youll have to excuse me beer is bad!

But I heard, that the army shot him. There are not enough armed officers to be on patrol over the weeks following the bomings so the army was drafted in. Due to a mix up the army did what they were told to do; that guys bad, go get him.

That would sort of explain the "sectret methods etc" that they didnt want to talk about!

Ill cstch you lot up in the morning, see what people have to say!

Boppez
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shows how trustworthy our police are.

Fuck up, then try to hide it!
    I have little doubt that if the IPCC had been blocked from investigating, CCTV footage of the incident would have not been made public and the police would still be saying today he was wearing a bulky coat "with wires protruding from it", behaving "suspiciously", had refused to stop "when asked to do so by the police", and had jumped the barrier and run to the train.

Bunch of *@#%*! :mad:
    Police in cover-up shocker.

They murdered 96 people and covered it up, why would one illegal immigrant matter?
    Kermit wrote:

They murdered 96 people and covered it up, why would one illegal immigrant matter?

Hmm, true.
    Kermit wrote:

96? When?

This Blair bloke just seems to like frightening us Londoners far too much, he comes on TV saying we should just go about as normal and then in the same breath says there are hords of killers lurking on every street and that the black death will befall our houses unless he gets lots of new fun power to play with.
    bongbudda wrote:
    96? When?

This Blair bloke just seems to like frightening us Londoners far too much, he comes on TV saying we should just go about as normal and then in the same breath says there are hords of killers lurking on every street and that the black death will befall our houses unless he gets lots of new fun power to play with.

the hillsbough thing i believe
    Bopperz wrote:
    Due to a mix up the army did what they were told to do; that guys bad, go get him.

I wish my taxes weren't paying for this kind of 'mix up'.
    you'd think that with all the supposed surveilance and intellingence out there, they'd be able to stop this kind of mix up
    all this talk of inteligence and security ...when we see stupidity and insecurity prevailing.
    all this talk of inteligence and security ...when we see stupidity and insecurity prevailing.

Politics is interesting, politics is boring, but politics is rarley an honest game.
    byny wrote:
    I wish my taxes weren't paying for this kind of 'mix up'.

It's no "mix up".
    On a related note I once met an American cop who shot someone dead for brandishing a knife, it turned out not to be a knife at all, and he wasnt a threat just confused by the shouting. He just shrugged his shoulders and said 'well, it could have been a knife and he could have killed either me or my partner'.