Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Painful Sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just wanted to know if any girls have any experience of this and how did you deal with it.

Lately sex is painful to the point where I have to stop after a few moments. Its hard as I love having sex and I never had any problems but I dont think I can have sex again as I feel like a freak cos I cant have fun.

My GUM doc suggests I use lube but she says its psycological, but how do i get over that?

Comments

• Options
    To overcome a phsychological problem, you need to stop worrying. If you tell yourself everytime "oh this is gonna feel like shit" then it will feel like shit. Simple as that. :yes:
  • Options
    Hi,
    I have recently had a similar problem, which has never arisen before.

I love sex too, but a few weeks ago me and my partner were having sex and I got these terrible stomach cramps, kinda like period pains but dreadful and then my legs felt funny. It then made my below very sore and achy.

We had to stop as I couldnt carry on, but when it came to the next time, a similar thing happened. I found I wasnt as relaxed therefore there wasnt enough lube to make it comfortable.

I spoke to my doc about it as below was getting very uncomfortably even when having sex. He suggested it may be something like thrush but also the fact that I am not relaxed enough.

I feel more comfortable when having sex now, but there still doesnt seem to be enough lube to make it completely painless.
  • Options
    ive got my results back from the GUM clinic and appart from an imbalance of natural bacteria (BV) which she gave me antibiotics for, I am all clear for everything.

Now i have to face that the pain im feeling is in my head. My doc was good. she suggested that the next time i have sex should be with someone i get to know and trust as opposed to just going with someone who really doesnt want to be with me. I think she maybe right, but the waiting game begins!
  • Options
    Hiya
    Take a look at this article about painful sex - it might help you to see what's causing it.
    :)