Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Question about playing football with members of the opposite sex

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Wanted to play football with male friends of mine today (I'm a girl, btw) and got told that I'm not allowed to do this, because we're all over the age of twelve. WTF is this all about?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    how old are you?
    how old are you?

I'm 16, as are most of the others I was going to play with.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    In an official game you cant. If its just a kick around I cant see why not.
    ive had a kick about with girls playing before, nothing difference, just as long as you know you dont go easy on them ;)
    having said that, they were mostly rubbish, but there are some good girlie players
    Yeah if its a proper match you won't be able to.

Fun in the park on the other hand, you can. If this is the case it's pretty out of order of the guys to say no.

I remember when I was at middle school, aged no older than 11..me and my female friends wanted to play with the boys. The wouldn't let us, so we joined in regardless. Oh yes, and I scored a goal too.

:D
    Some guys would have problems going in hard on a girl, therefore the match wouldn't be competitive. All depends how competitive the game was. If it was just a kick about in the park, your mates are dickheads.
    addicted7 wrote:
    If it was just a kick about in the park, your mates are dickheads.

... and not really mates at all...
    Obviously never said this, but:
    The boys will let me pay with them, but I've been told by a PE teacher that I can't play a proper match with them. (IE: one refereed by a teahcer)
    Correct. Sad as it may seem.
    Any girls i've ever played football with were complete shite
    turlough wrote:
    Any girls i've ever played football with were complete shite

LOL
    I'm not that bad, tbh. No good in goal though...
    haha..nothing like a good kick around with a few girls..they get well into it..we have refused girls to play sometimes because we do feel like having a good competitive kick around ..!
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Girls can kick about as well as they can throw.
    Weekender Offender 
    Its an actual legal thing, when girls are under 12 they grow a year faster than boys and all that....but boys hit puberty around then (some still havent i know), so they develop muscles and become naturally stronger due the hormones. Its been illegeal in virtually every country

two big cases in Italy with some lower serie A teams trying to sign femals profesionnally but werent allowed due to strict rules....talk of it been changed. So anyways wasnt them been bad those the rules,

im sure most of the lads wouldnt mind you "playing" with them either way
    Its an actual legal thing, when girls are under 12 they grow a year faster than boys and all that....but boys hit puberty around then (some still havent i know), so they develop muscles and become naturally stronger due the hormones. Its been illegeal in virtually every country

Yeah that's right. I was told something very similar to that on an FA coaching course a few years ago