Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Interested?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm trying to gauge whether or not somebody likes me, and I'm a bit rubbish at picking up hints or reading into things. However my female friends are convinced some of the things she does are signs that she might be interested. What would you read into things like:

Showing me texts from other lads trying to hit on her and saying she isn't interested.

Saying 'I miss you' when I've only known her for about 3 or 4 weeks.

Complienting looks/clothes occasionally.

One of my female friends is convinced that the first one is a sign because she's trying to let me know that other people are interested but she doesn't like them back, and is encouraging me to come onto her.

I'm really useless at reading into things, and though I'm 20 I've never asked anyone straight out before and taken the risk of rejection.

Only thing I have thought about a bit is the age gap- she's 16, and I'll turn 21 before she turns 17. The way I see it, 21 and 16 sounds almost a bit much. If she was a little younger, then 21 and 15 would sound a bit wrong. I suppose it's 'just a number' and all that. I just get on with her really well. The age thing doesn't really cross my mind but I suppose I am concerned to an extent about what others might think. I know deep down that I shouldn't be though..... :chin: I don't care if she's 16 or 26, I really like her..... think she's lovely.

:nervous:

Comments

• Options
    She may be thinking the same thing. She may want to ask you out (or want you to ask her out), but think that you're too old for her and wouldn't be interested, so she might be using these other ways to hint at you. It's impossible to be 100% sure that someone likes you before you ask them out. But you'll never know if you don't ask.

Remember, you always regret the things you didn't do, more than those you did.
  • Options
    the age gap isn't really that significant, however i think 'cause she's 16 it sounds a bigger problem than it actually is. it's only 4 years. and say if she was 19 and you were 23 it wouldn't be a problem. you should just ask her! :yes:
  • Options
    Remember, you always regret the things you didn't do, more than those you did.

I've often been heard to say that myself, but I'm obviously not too good at taking my own advice!

Thanks for responding both of you, I think it might be time to take a deep breath and put my neck on the chopping block!
  • Options
    i think she likes you ;)
  • Options
    You should pay attention to your girl mates because if they say she is interested then she probably is. Their good at stuff like that :D.
  • Options
    Yer, ask her out, what's the worst that can happen?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Yer, ask her out, what's the worst that can happen?

being wrong

:lol:
  • Options
    Oh dear, what a shame, I asked someone out and they said no, now my life is over forever.

Get a grip.
  • Options
    Sounds like she likes you. Go for it!
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote:
    Oh dear, what a shame, I asked someone out and they said no, now my life is over forever.

Get a grip.

:lol:
  • Options
    Re: Interested?

Yes :)
  • Options
    Having spent the day with her today it appears the answer was yes ;) :razz:

I guess I should have more faith in my girl friends!
  • Options
    ooo well done ;p