Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone got any ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well I'm suposed to be looking for a part time job...

I'm 17 and not got much work experince exept a bit of volunteer work in a cancer research shop (which I had to quit for reasons I'm about to explain...)

I have a health problem which means I get near-daily pains... they're not quite bad enough to take painkillers (I don't like taking them anyway and try and avoid it if possible, and I'd get addicted if I took them at the first hint of pain). But they can be tiring, and if I do much exercise or if I'm on my feet a lot it sets them off worse and sometimes I end up having to take PKs.

For this reason I don't think I can go for any retail work (and I've been advised not to by my connexions advisor).
I know sometimes there's reception-type work, but I have a feeling I'd get bored easily doing this sort of thing.
I'm willing to have a go and see how I get on, but wondered if anyone has any bright ideas for anything I could look into that is a bit more varied but not too strenuous. :yeees:
I really can't think of anything.

Comments

• Options
    Neither can I tbh...most 17 yr olds work in the retail sector and some as receptionists...you might just have to wait and get a degree and then find something more suitable...either that or win the lottery :yeees: :p
  • Options
    What are you like on the phone?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    What are you like on the phone?

OK I think. I have had a bit of a struggle with that kind of thing cos I've been battling a bit with mild depression... but I think I'm just about over that. I think it might do me good pushing myself a bit. :chin:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Lu_C wrote:
    OK I think. I have had a bit of a struggle with that kind of thing cos I've been battling a bit with mild depression... but I think I'm just about over that. I think it might do me good pushing myself a bit. :chin:

That is a good way to look at it. Why not give something like telesales/telemarketing/call centre stuff a go?