Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Irony

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Give us an example of irony..

One that always strikes me is the fact the world`s worst airplane accident happened on the ground :eek2:

http://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19770327-1

Comments

• Options
    How ironic. I just said the word 'Ironic' in an Msn convo, and was told to 'spke in english'
  • Options
    my senior manager used to verbally and mentally bully me at work to the point where i was considering bringing a harassment case against me, but i managed to get a move. He doesnt have a good reputation, he is basically a c**t to both his emplyees and his family.

A few weeks ago i hadnt seen him around and then I found out that he went jogging one morning, and collapsed; he had a stroke......
  • Options
    How We Got Our Miranda Rights in the USA

On March 13, 1963, $8.00 in cash was stolen from a Phoenix, Arizona bank worker. Police suspected and arrested Ernesto Miranda for committing the theft.

During two-hours of questioning, Mr. Miranda, who was never offered a lawyer, confessed not only to the $8.00 theft, but also to kidnapping and raping an 18-year-old woman 11 days earlier.

Based largely on his confession, Miranda was convicted and sentenced to twenty years in jail.

Miranda's attorneys appealed. First unsuccessfully to the Arizona Supreme Court, and next to the U.S. Supreme Court.

On June 13, 1966, the U.S. Supreme Court, in deciding the case of MIRANDA v. ARIZONA, 384 U.S. 436 (1966), reversed the Arizona Court's decision, granted Miranda a new trial at which his confession could not be admitted as evidence, and established the "Miranda" rights of persons accused of crimes. Keep reading, because the story of Ernesto Miranda has a most ironic ending.

An Ironic Ending for Ernesto Miranda

Ernesto Miranda was given a second trial at which his confession was not presented. Based on the evidence, Miranda was again convicted of kidnapping and rape. He was paroled from prison in 1972 having served 11 years.

In 1976, Ernesto Miranda, age 34, was stabbed to death in a fight. Police arrested a suspect who, after choosing to exercise his Miranda rights of silence, was released.