Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Settling in

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Did anybody find settling in to university hard?

The place is so big and the library is too noisy to concentrate on work (if you can even get on a PC) and finding rooms is awfully hard. The type of lecture has changed completely too.

It's crazy...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Fuck it, just do what I do and get drunk and don't go to lectures, 1st years a dose anyway..(so I hear)
    Did anybody find settling in to university hard?

The place is so big and the library is too noisy to concentrate on work (if you can even get on a PC) and finding rooms is awfully hard. The type of lecture has changed completely too.

It's crazy...
    its just getting used to something new, dont worry it will all click soon. I wouldnt advise the burrying your head in the sand approach as that wont help anyone
    You'll get the hang of it mate. It's a careful balance of filling your life with fun and games, while making sure you're keeping up with your work.
    you'll get used to it. its normal and its because you're in a totally different environment than you are used to with new people, etc etc... you just need to give it a bit of time... and you'll be fine. :)