Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If you could live your whole life again

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would you change? Anything, everything, lots of bits, little bits, certain small parts? I just wondered because I had a dream last night where I got to relive my whole life and change whatever I wanted. When I woke up I was really disappointed because I was so sure it was real.

I think the first ten years of my life don't matter SO much because we moved up to Chesterfield then. I think there's a lot about myself that I'd change, the way I acted in school, the way I acted out of school, all the missed opportunities for a girlfriend/sex because I was too dumb to see them.

I think I would still like to end up where I am, working where I am, with the people I know. I can't imagine being at University.

So would you change anything in your past life if you could, or are you completely happy with how it went? :chin:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wouldn't change much as i wouldnt be where i am now with a gorgeous son & partner if i did.

Lots of shit has happened in my life but its made me the person i am.
    If anything, I'd have avoided the computer more. However, the problems I've had to get through have taught me so amazingly much, and right now I don't think there's anything I'd want to change. Of course I'd like to be able to communicate more easily and be able to pull, but changing the past is no guarantee that I'd change those things.
    I wouldn't have smoked pot or cigarettes, would have studied and got out of Wrexham sooner. That place sucks the soul outta ya.

Still, I'm a happy young woman where I am now...
    Been more self-motivated, and not let people walk all over me when I was at high school.
    If i could go back and change things, then i would change the fact of who my first booyfrined was and everything that happened then cos my eyes weren't open enough to deal with him. Although it made me tougher...
    I would like to go back to being about 15, then I'd change just about everything I could from then on! I know a lot of people say they wouldn't change a thing. But what if you could? ...It'd be hard to resist, wouldn't it?
    booyfrined.
    What's one of those :p?

I wouldn't change Scott. Much as I hate him, I wouldn't remove him from my life. He gave me a lot of self-confidence at the time and he's made me a better person (or at least I think so). He also made me realise just how much I was being walked over at school.

I also think he made it so me and you were better friends, even if it took a while ;p.
    Nothing or I wouldnt be me
    Smack wrote:
    missed opportunities for a girlfriend/sex because I was too dumb to see them.

That would be the only thing thing I would have changed. However, there are always other minor issues people experience and I have only lived an eighth of my life anyway.
    Nothing.
    i'd have tried to not be such a miserable git through my entire teenage years.

you really never do get those years back, and i was so busy with my ridiculous 'woe is me' crap that i missed out on them.
    I'd be cleverer or happier or something. Or all of them.
    Panthro wrote:

Very true. Wouldn't change a thing. Other than my socks.
    nothing, everything that's happened to me has made me who i am now and i'm happy with that.

also i know i can't change the past so there's no point in even thinking about what i'd do if i could!
    Panthro wrote:

:thumb:

That's the answer, if you changed anything then you wouldn't be who you are now. Changing something doesn't mean that things would be better y'know.
    Nothing. Half the fun of life is only ever getting one chance.
    Not getting HPPD probably.
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I'd not get involved with the wrong crowd for part of my life.
    Wouldn't have been such a waster at school, worked harder, you know?
    Would try not to drink away part of my school life.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    *sigh* Really, really big question.
    The first part of my answer would be that I'd have changed a couple of things that seem unimportant but I believe play a huge role in everything that have happened (my life is a good example for the Chaos Theory). I wouldn't have done something that set me apart from everyone else. I wouldn't have trusted the wrong people so I wouldn't have missed a lot of chances and the thing that's causing me lots of trouble today probably never would have been.

But, as others have said, if anything changed I wouldn't be the same anymore. In my case though that's not necessarily a bad thing... I'd probably never have "died", but I can't tell if I'd be a good person or not. Perhaps I'd even have died anyway...
    I went through a lot of shit to find happiness, and some of that lingers. I met my partner through a series of bad events, if they hadn't happened I wouldn't have found him, and that thought tears my heart out.

Woud I change things? Yes. I would have got into some good habits, and avoided some bad. I would know what homosexuality was, and how best to go about it. I would have cared less about what people thought of me, and seen through organised rligion sooner.

Perhaps we would still find each other. Hopefully, I would bring them less second-hand pain. If we didn't meet, I hope they would meet someone closer to the perfection they deserve than I .
    I would've been a more confident person and I would've done better at school.
    Most of you lot would change intangible things...things happen for a reason, and 99% for the better in some sort of way, like silly things, try having HPPD your whole life, fucking terrible.

http://hppdonline.com/index.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder

It's really fucked up :crying:
    Growing up I hated having Tourette's Syndrome but I've learnt that it's part of me and who I am.
    Aye...best thing to do is accept it :thumb:
    turlough wrote:
    Aye...best thing to do is accept it :thumb:
    It is indeed.
    Probably nothing, everything happens for a reason.

Well actually i'd never have tried a cigarette..the amount of money i wasted on them in the past 6 years is a fucking joke. Ah well away for a feg..or even a joint.

What's the story morning glory?
    I'd get born to different parents. better ones, but then i might never have met wheresmyplacebo....and if that was the case then i wouldn't do anything to change my life, apart from having last years coursework done.
    The only thing I'd change is not finishing with a certain girl - that's pretty much the only thing I regret. But hey, apart from that it's all good :lol: I've always lived my life the way I wanted, never wanted to be anyone else and if I could do it all again I'd do it all the same (apart from that one tiny thing ;) )