Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phone deals

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody knows of a contract (preferably without a handset) where it is possible to "freeze" the account?
Being that I won't be in England for 4 months of the year, then I really don't fancy paying for the time I won't be here.

And pay as you go is too expensive. I've used 40 pounds since I got here 3 weeks ago. I can't continue like that.

Comments

• Options
    hmm, umm i don't reckon so. as far as i know most contracts will be 12 months and i'd assume that for those 12 months you have to continue paying. it might be worth having a look around phone shops though, they'll try and offer you the best deal for you..doesn't mean you should listen though! and i'm sure the longer it goes, the less you'll be ringing home and what not. not that you won't be ringing home but you know what i mean!
  • Options
    hmm, umm i don't reckon so. as far as i know most contracts will be 12 months and i'd assume that for those 12 months you have to continue paying. it might be worth having a look around phone shops though, they'll try and offer you the best deal for you..doesn't mean you should listen though! and i'm sure the longer it goes, the less you'll be ringing home and what not. not that you won't be ringing home but you know what i mean!

Actually I ring home through the computer - and I do so every day otherwise my mom gets worried. I recon that I've spent less than 10 pounds on ringing and texting home!
  • Options
    On orange contract you can suspend your contract after six months on certain contracts, but i'm not sure how long that is for. Your best bet is to go into the shop and ask.