Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Secretary..anyone seen it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone seen Secretary with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal? I watched it the other night and really enjoyed it. thought it was very witty, and quite sexy. what does anyone think?

btw its only £3 in the HMV sale, well worth it.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yep, I've seen it and liked it.

£3 you say? Hmm, maybe a trip to HMV is in order :chin:
  • littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    It is quite bizarre but I quite liked it :)
    Yup got that for £3, also got Wicker man directors cut and Hard Boiled for £3 too. bargaintastic
    i thought it was really funny

in a weird way
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've only heard of this one because Donnie Darko's sister plays in it... I might watch it someday.
    koe_182 wrote:
    Yup got that for £3, also got Wicker man directors cut and Hard Boiled for £3 too. bargaintastic

Entirely off topic, but I haven't seen Secretary, so I don't care... but apparently video and dvd rental shops are going to go out of business pretty soon because places like Virgin and HMV are offering more and more fairly recent DVD titles for the likes of £3. So people will think they may as well buy them for the same cost as renting. I imagine the likes of Blockbuster will be OK, but the smaller chains and independent ones will be hard up.

Interesting fact for everyone there...
    they should lower the bloody prices then!

i got...'girl, interrupted', 'evolution' and 'the bride of chucky' for £3.99 (with student discount too!) each. bargain. :yes:
    Yeah, studied it briefly in Film Studies last year. I'd watch it again, I found some of the scenes strangely arousing so I dunno what that means - maybe I'm a kinky kinda guy.
    Quirky lil film. What is it with James Spader and odd sexually deviated films? Crash anyone....hehe
    I LOVE Secretary. Brilliant film. strange, but brilliant.

Same sort of thing as Punch Drunk Love - I love that, even though it's strange.
    I've seen it thought it was very good me bf loved it for obvious reasons.