Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Out of the ordinary...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mini Rant... beware..

I'm am so sick and tired of Milton fucking Keynes. They say 'oh it's a great new city, lots of opportunities' - yeah, if you wanna sell clothes to teenagers, or sell cars to middle aged men, or sit behind a desk in an accountants...

What if you don't fit into any of that? What if it's not in you to sell things to people or become a car mechanic, or an accountant or legal secretary or a hairdresser?

I fucking hate it all. There are no opportunities for people like me in Milton Keynes. It's a dead end city with dead end people in it and I hate it.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Boo hoo. Move out then.
    Work in a call centre, you sit on your arse all day and get paid good money until you save enough and move out. End of. It's not directly customer facing. I've NO idea how your odd deficincey (sp?) will be annoyed with that.

http://www.google.co.uk/local?hl=en&lr=&cr=countryUK|countryGB&q=call+centres&near=Milton+Keynes&sa=X&oi=localr
    well what do you want to do then? if you want to do something im sure theres opportunity out there, try living in a small town like mine, then complain. fair enough im not in a satisfying job, but i do it to earn a living. you cant expect to walk into a job and absolutly be fantastically happy and want to stay there for the rest of your life.

theres jobs for everybody out there, just some are too lazy to find them
    :crying:
    Oh, you poor little goth angsty teen.

You can't get a job because there isn't a job you want to do? Well boo-fucking-hoo. There aren't many of us who have jobs we do because we simply adore them. We do them to earn money to keep pernickety scroungers like yourself in £100 bras.

If you don't like your town, then get off your backside and move to a town you do like.
    It's a dump.

You'll be alright then :)
    why are you moaning to us, what do you want us to do about it? if you got out a bit you'd realise that you can change your life and see new things/places. whinging really won't get you anywhere. might with mummy and daddy though.
    your-babe wrote:
    :impissed: ummm... I'm thinking that maybe some of the above posts aren't really what Ilora was after- some of then, in my opinion weren't needed- please don't start having a go at me now, I have the right to voice an opinion- something everyone tends to conviently forget nowadays :rolleyes: , Ilora- think of the positives, friends etc, the only reason i go to work is to see my friends, and because my work gives an ok pay for a person of my age :) . Soz for the rant, but it's not a picnic 4 me recently, was going to post for advice on here, but whats the point? :banghead:

how was she asking for advice though?
    your-babe wrote:
    :impissed: ummm... I'm thinking that maybe some of the above posts aren't really what Ilora was after- some of then, in my opinion weren't needed- please don't start having a go at me now, I have the right to voice an opinion- something everyone tends to conviently forget nowadays :rolleyes: , Ilora- think of the positives, friends etc, the only reason i go to work is to see my friends, and because my work gives an ok pay for a person of my age :) . Soz for the rant, but it's not a picnic 4 me recently, was going to post for advice on here, but whats the point? :banghead:

To be honest I think that if you post asking for advice on here then you generally get it. It doesn't mean that it will be exactly what you want to hear, though.

Frankly pandering to someone like Illora isn't helping anyone.
    Your-babe, and idea would be to go and look at "all threads started by Ilora-Danon". Then you'll see why everyone's pissed off at her...
    Just the name "milton Keynes" conjures up images of bleach which would make me not want to live there.
    The best advice to give to Ilora is to get off her over-protected spoilt poor-little-rich-kid backside and get a job. She is a self-confessed benefit scrounger, who spends her DSS benefit cheques on £100 bras and designer clothing.

If people have a problem with that advice then tough.

If people want to rant, then people have a right of reply. That's what a public message board is about. If they don't want people to rant back, then they can go and use LiveJournal.
    your-babe wrote:
    I got the impression she just wanted to let off some steam... n chat about it... seeing as this is 'chat board'.

Sorry if thats wrong.

yeh it's a message board..you're right..but what does she want, sympathy? if she doesn't like where she lives she should do something about it. like move or write to her local council and whinge at them.
    your-babe wrote:
    I got the impression she just wanted to let off some steam... n chat about it... seeing as this is 'chat board'.

Yeah that's exactly what I thought.

Ilora - I don't know really what you're into but a lot of people who don't find much job satisfaction elsewhere find pleasure in the creative industries - there must be some kind of publishers, arts scene or something (music/comedy venue, art galleries/college, colleges can pay quite well for administrative support staff try the arts council website or arts links on your local county council website as well.

i think if I remember right, you suffer from social anxiety like I do - in that case although you may spend time having to be communicating people but you get job satisfaction from using your own initiative in an industry that more supports expression and individuality.

I hope that might give you some ideas. :thumb:
    Just the name "milton Keynes" conjures up images of bleach which would make me not want to live there.

It makes me think of white chocie tbh :chin: .