Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hairdye

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i had my hair dyed yesterday at a hairdressers and ive gone a really darj brown. only problem is ive now got hairdye on my skin, a tiny patch on my forehead, behind my ears. what do i do? it can jst be hidden if i have my hair down without it tucked behind me ears (then the patch on my head shows) and i cant tie it up because of the ones behind my ears. i dont wanna go back in complain because its a mate who owns the salon. argh! she noticed it the patch on my forehead and gave me some solution while i was there to get rid of it but i didnt notice the rest till i tried to tie it up this mornin. ne ideas on how to make it fade faster? will it scrub away?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    go back and have it fixed!!!! so what if he/she is youre mate. if he/she is your mate, he/she would fix it.
    Ok you probably don't want to try this on your face but when i've got hair dye stains from doing my friends hair on my hands and stuff, i scrub them in water with bleach diluted into it. It's great for getting marker pen ink off as well :p But might be a little bit harsh on your face, so you could just try scrubbing it loads with some form of exfoliating fash wash or something.
    Milk is good,as is nail varnish remover,if not a little harsh for your skin...But sometimes you have to go to extremes to get the darn stain off.
    Just go into the salon and ask what you can use to make it go! you dont have to sound rude or anything just make a joke of it and say iv been trying but i duno what to use and i thought you might no, they will understand! or just ring your mate up and say heelllp!!
    I've used some of this a few times to remove the dye from my skin http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1029227
    how about those wipes you get to even out fake tan? havnt tried them but they mite work....
    try vinegar in warm water. seriously. thats how i get rid of tough stains on anything.

you need to use something acidic. though not too acidic or youll burn your skin.
    thanks so much for all the replies. ive scrubbed with clean+clear exfoliater thing and its got alot of it out, and made the rest less noticable