Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Greenstreet vs Football Factory

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I was tempted to watch it but it's put me off because the fact it has a well known american actor in it and it's a Hollywood film.

What are your opinions?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was tempted to watch it but it's put me off because the fact it has a well known american actor in it and it's a Hollywood film.

What are your opinions?

Prepare yourself for the worst cockney accent since Mary Poppins.

Elijah Wood sort of pulls it off, but parts of the story don't make much sense, and the set-piece fights are over-rated.

6/10.
    Football factory was well made and had an atmospheare about it, green street was typical hollywood crap, it may apeal to the american market, but people who follow football who know the culture will realise how shite it is. I give it 4/10 wait till its out on video.
    i actually preffered it to football factory, probably due to the fact that i'd seen FF way too many times, neither of them actually capture the hooligan scene very well tho. Best footy hooligan films are still The Firm and I.D. for me.

Green Street 7/10.

frodo actually doesnt do a bad job, plus it has the lovely Claire Forlani in it.
    koe_182 wrote:
    i actually preffered it to football factory, probably due to the fact that i'd seen FF way too many times, neither of them actually capture the hooligan scene very well tho. Best footy hooligan films are still The Firm and I.D. for me.

Green Street 7/10.

frodo actually doesnt do a bad job, plus it has the lovely Claire Forlani in it.

The Firm and ID lack any sense of realism. FF is as close to reality as you'll find (well, unless Irvine Walsh's effort actually goes ahead).