Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Webcam minus a driver

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right, just bought a webcam, model eight05 on this page http://www.qinghuaqitian.com/ec01.htm

it has come with a cd, that i've run and installed the driver, but now i've plugged the camera in and it isn't recognising it. At the shop they plugged the camera in and it worked fine, what is it that i've got wrong here?

When Windows does its autohardware installation thing, it gets so far and then stops cos it says it can't find the driver. When i open the program it's supposed to use it says that i don't have any video equipment attached. It also doesn't show up on my computer.

Does anyone have any advice? the website doesn't seem to have any drivers to download, although most of it is in Chinese which i can't fully read yet. I know the best thing may be to go back to the shop but i don't want to do that quite yet as my chinese isn't up to scratch for that! So any ideas?

ps someone's just mentioned that it may be that my graphics card isn't up to it. the lappie is only 10 months old is this likely? it;s an Acer Travelmate 3eight2.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you tried pointing the hardware are the folder you installed the CD to?