Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

When will i learn??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have been with my boyf for 4 years. The last two we have been on and off constantly. When we are together i just dont want to be with him anymore but when we break up i usually want him back so end up giving in when he begs me to get back with him.
I am stuck in a rut and im not happy and havent been for a long time. I want to get out but when ive been single ive been so scared of not finding anyone else and im usually really unconfidant.
I hate the thought of us breaking up and him finding someone else straight away as he did before and i never seem to find anyone.
I need to get away i just cant find the strength to leave..

Comments

• Options
    You seem to be having issues with your self-esteem, which may be what's making you terrified of being out of a relationship.
    I hate the thought of us breaking up and him finding someone else straight away as he did before and i never seem to find anyone.

If he meets someone else, so what? You're obviously unhappy with him. The only alternative would be to stay and be miserable, and you clearly don't want that.

Sometimes, in order to break a cycle, we have to take big steps. It can be daunting at first, but with the right help and support, you'll benefit from it, and will help you form healthier relationships in future. What's more, you may even find being single a not so bad thing.

You might want to take a look at scared of singledom and low self-esteem

Remember, you do have the strength, you probably don't believe in yourself enough to believe it.
  • Options
    Cut oyur losses and get out. My new fella and I split after 3 months because he still had feelings for his ex missus. The uncertainty of it all used to make me crazy.