Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tesco clothing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In the last couple of months or so I've bought a couple of things from tesco's clothing line, but only really a jacket, and tops & stuff. Anyone bought any jeans, or other trousers, and do they fit properly?
Also, a friend of mine who works at tesco told me theres a clothes sale startin wednesday, & last time the flipflops were only 75p, and jeans £2. how do they make profit!?! makes topshop etc seem a right ripoff!

Comments

• Options
    topshop IS a right rip off.

most clothes are made in poorer country, and the company buys them in bulk. when a company is as huge as tesco, they can REALLY buy in bulk cause they know they'll sell them. same reason argos is almost always cheaper for electrical goods. it's all about buying power.

if you then sell them off post-season at stupidly cheap prices, you'll make room in storage for loads more things at higher prices rather than being bogged down with last season's things. and 75p is better than 0p. especially when it's making room for something you're going to sell for £15.

i love tesco. not all their clothes suit me - i think they target a slightly more mature figure, but for the price you can't go wrong.
  • Options
    I don't live near a large enough Tesco but I'd love to see what their ranges are like.

Like Kaffrin said, Topshop is a rip off
  • Options
    I like the Cherokee range and Mr Glittery likes the male Cherokee range too. I always find I take a smaller size in Tesco stuff aswell which pleases me :D

Their Fred & Florence stuff can be nice sometimes too. I prefer Tesco stuff over Asda stuff.
  • Options
    :yes: agrees. I bought a top from tesco for 2.75, lol
  • Options
    I got a dinky lil bag from there for £1.50 a while back. There was another big white leather bag there that I rather liked but it was £15 and I don't tend to carry much money with me when buying milk and beans with my mother.

The underwears fab, and I like the price of the swim-wear in the summer.
  • Options
    Whenever I've been to Tesco I never see anything I like in the clothes bit!

George at Asda all the way, woo.
  • Options
    i work at tesco, woo.

they do have some nice clothes in, yeh..i'd say i prefer cherokee to f+f. they also do lovely baby/childrens clothes.

the jeans that are £2 will be the value ones which, imo..aren't very nice!
  • Options
    Whenever I've been to Tesco I never see anything I like in the clothes bit!
    it depends when you go in to the store. it's pot luck. Their clothes featured in magazines sell out really quick so if you go quite often y :thumb: ou'll see stuff u like.
  • Options
    I used to work at Tesco and it's a toilet.

You actually bought clothes from Tesco?
    That's like buying flowers from a petrol station. Jesus. Do you people have no class?! Onions yes. Clothes no.
  • Options

That's like buying flowers from a petrol station. Jesus. Do you people have no class?! Onions yes. Clothes no.

How can you say Tesco is like a toilet ? And what relevance has that to their clothing range?

Do you have no class ?!...are you made of money? Sometimes it's not feasible to buy new clothing at one of the countless over priced branded clothing shops you find in your local high street. A supermarket brings in it's own clothing range designed for value in mind, usually comfortable and practical everyday clothing. It may not be the height of fashion, come from a clothing only store but that doesn't make their clothing shit and for those whose funds are helped out a lot by the pricing, can find decent clothes and look good in them.

Personally, I've used Asda's clothing range - recently there's been some well good wintery lines coming in.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I remember an old school rhyme:

You all shop at tesco's
    where you buy your best clothes
    they're really rather nifty
    at only one pund fifty

:D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options

maybe the one you worked in, yeh.

no it's not like buying flowers from a petrol station at all. clothing from supermarkets such as tesco and asda is doing really well at the minute and is popular and affordable.

so shh.
  • Options
    Most of the Tesco trousers suit me. I'm quite a curvy thing.
  • Options
    Because Tesco is for food you muppet. Buying clothes from Tesco is just like buying a dildo from HMV.
  • Options
    Dude Eggs wrote:
    Because Tesco is for food you muppet. Buying clothes from Tesco is just like buying a dildo from HMV.

I totally agree!
    Lets all go to tescos,
    Where we can buy are best clothes....
    nahnahnah
    LMFAO. hey sexy ;)
  • Options
    Blah blah blah blah. :yeees:

Anyhoo, i have a few tops and stuff from tesco, i'm not a massive fan of the trousers though, but it's all the better for me because i get 10% off :thumb:
  • Options
    Dude Eggs wrote:

yes but big supermarkets like tesco sell everything nowadays. they even do phone lines and stuff.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Dude Eggs wrote:

You are a bit behind the times then aren't you.