Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Could she be pregnant?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Me and my best friend who's 16 got a little bit heavy with each other and had sex. She started her periods last year but shes goes about 6 months between them usually (is that normal?)

She had a period in February and we slept together at the start of August. We used a condom which we think worked (I didnt notice anything wrong with it), but she got paranoid and went for the Morning After Pill. About a week and half later she had a proper period (mid august) Would the MAP bring on a period? It seems funny/big coincidence that she had one soon after taking it after not having one for nearly six months.

She hasn't had one since though... could she be pregnant? what are the chances?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    From the precautions you have taken id say the possibility is very very very VERY slim.However im no doctor if you want peace of mind get her to take a pregnancy test.But i dont think you have anything to worry about :)
    I don't think she will be pregnant - but I am slightly concerned as to why she is only having one period every six months...??

MAP could trigger some bleeding........
    sometimes sex brings on your period if your near your due date, but i think shes ok. She can always have a pregnancy test to set her mind at rest. they are free at any family planning clinic or walk in centre and you can fake your details on the forms they give you but please tell her to GO ON THE PILL. Dont make the mistake i made please.
    The risk of pregnancy is quite low in this case. The MAP can really fuck around with a girl's cycle, and in this instance, she shouldn't have used it as she didn't need to, because, as you said, nothing was wrong with the condom.
    Can the MAP bring on a period due to the increase in hormones?

She does a lot of sport and is only very slight which could explain why she only has periods rarely.
    Yeah shes pregnant. What you going to do now kid?
    kids eh! lol always think that they are prgnant! oh i touched a penis... i'm having a baby lmao
    Hmm, 'two' people joined on the same day...

If you can't think of anything constructive or helpful to say, don't. Just a shame they don't offer foetal screening for idiocy.

Catinthehat - like I said, EC can really muck up a cycle.

There are links to more info here
    I know... half of you, if not all would've been aborted lol
    Grow up.
    Lady jd wrote:
    including you
    Lady jd wrote:
    Twat.
    Lady jd wrote:

Please go away. Your stupid comments aren't welcome here.

There are neither witty or funny.