Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

birmingham

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
its been about 2 years now since ive had a night out in birmingham and am planning one for next saturday, and reccomendations where to go?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    House of God
    what kind of music do you like?
    PussyKatty wrote:
    what kind of music do you like?
    ill be pissed so its all good,
    its inevitable ill start the night in walkabout and a wetherspoons but im after a reasonably priced alright club to wander too
    There's a wetherspoons a few bars up from walkabout, the figure of 8. walkabout is open till 2 I think, most of the bars are. I don't really go to clubs but here's a few names: the works (cheesey meat market, expensive drinks)...snobs (indie music, sticky floor), air (overpriced club with big DJs in), ramshackle (indie music, very big, usually has drinks offers on), edwards (rock/goth..have never been there but that's where people who like Rock go)
    wheres ramshackle?
    It's at the academy, in the city centre opposite Toys R Us.
    apparently it's only on fridays, and the thing on next sat at the academy is sold out
    http://www.birmingham-academy.co.uk/
    Edwards's is always a laugh. :thumb:
    If you like dance music, then head over to the Digbeth section of Birmingham. It's basically on the opposite side of the Bullring from New Street Station - about 5 minutes walk.

There, you have the Sanctuary, Custard Factory and Air. Next Saturday, Air will be hosting the Godskitchen Classics night. Later on in September, you'll have Underground City at the Custard Factory and Bounce-to-This at the Sanctuary.

By Snowhill Station, you have Subway City. Next Saturday, you have Blue vs Afters.
    I like Aussie bar its not too bad in there

I go to the arcadian more thou, there are quite a few bars with different types of music and a few clubs just outside, theres reflex for the 80s cheesy music, Moonlounge for the funky house/ speed garage, Hidden and Bambu a play similar and theres Baracuda just round the corner that play a mix of like dance/ RnB etc
    The figure of 8 is cheap and good for day drinking but personally I think Broad street has gone shit plus Studie Bakers has closed down :mad: Hurst street all the way for me, may be the gay guys town but the only place with decent music and I aint moaning if I get to see a few guys getting it on too :D :thumb:

Was in nightingales on sunday night with Andy Farley, got in free and everything, bless him, he's a lovely guy, Funny when hes wreaked.
    The figure of 8 is cheap and good for day drinking but personally I think Broad street has gone shit plus Studie Bakers has closed down :mad: Hurst street all the way for me, may be the gay guys town but the only place with decent music and I aint moaning if I get to see a few guys getting it on too :D :thumb:

Was in nightingales on sunday night with Andy Farley, got in free and everything, bless him, he's a lovely guy, Funny when hes wreaked.

Good old stoodies I used to love it in there, i stopped goin for a while next time I went it was dead, its opened up as nine bar now or summat.....
    I know it was a brilliant night. Went shit on fridays but saturdays were the night and then, bang, its closed. Nah, its closed totally now. Shut down. :(
    My favourite club was DNA before it got turned into a table dancing club.
    I know it was a brilliant night. Went shit on fridays but saturdays were the night and then, bang, its closed. Nah, its closed totally now. Shut down. :(

do u ever go to like arca bar and moonlounge and that?
    Yeah, love moonlounge
    Yeah, love moonlounge

me too!

I normally go in there on a friday night what about u?
    Wooo brum brum!!
    me too!

I normally go in there on a friday night what about u?
    Havent been for a while. Used to always go on a friday now its mostly saturdays
    my night in birmingham was the shittest ive had.
    give me manchester anyday
    my night in birmingham was the shittest ive had.
    give me manchester anyday

:lol: where did u go???

some places are crap there to be fair
    i think it was crap because i wanted t go to places ive never really been before cause i used to always just go to broad street but the girl i was with was having 'oh no we might get lost in the big city because im a dickhead' night out and we ended up just stayin on broad street and ending in flares,it was a shower of shite.
    Haha, flares. No wonder its for like the over 50's :|

China town is the way forward. :thumb:

Next time leave her at home and plan to go to a proper club.
    Ther are crap places everywhere.

And you can't blame Birmingham for the crap night out if you went to Flares, they're a chain for a start you could go there anywhere.
    Flares?? No wonder!!

Cannot stand that place been in once and lasted 20 minutes, couldnt stand it, as Basic instinct said China town all the way.....
    Off to brum this sat (gig at academy) and although I can't go out after this time, I always wondwer what its like at a club night at the academy-I presume its like blast off at wolves civic-a indie based with popular rock songs student night? hmm I'll go look at the link for future reference! Not going out after as all alonesome so can't afford taxi home! Also have to be up early to get blokey off the train-men eh?!
    ha ha flares. At least it makes me feel young and beautiful, compared to the rest of the clientele!!
    Jowolvo wrote:
    Off to brum this sat (gig at academy) and although I can't go out after this time, I always wondwer what its like at a club night at the academy-I presume its like blast off at wolves civic-a indie based with popular rock songs student night? hmm I'll go look at the link for future reference! Not going out after as all alonesome so can't afford taxi home! Also have to be up early to get blokey off the train-men eh?!

Saturday nights at academy are mostly popular rock/metal. They play pretty much the same every week. There's a large mix of people, woudn't say it's very studenty though. Despite the cheap and nasty drinks. I go alot, though it has decreased recently. Good night, only good though. And only if its your thing.

Fridays are really different. Same cheap nasty drinks. But alot of underagers and the most varied mix of music you could imagine.

You know you get in free to club nights after a gig? If you wanted to check it out for a bit.
    Saturday nights at academy are mostly popular rock/metal. They play pretty much the same every week. There's a large mix of people, woudn't say it's very studenty though. Despite the cheap and nasty drinks. I go alot, though it has decreased recently. Good night, only good though. And only if its your thing.

Fridays are really different. Same cheap nasty drinks. But alot of underagers and the most varied mix of music you could imagine.

You know you get in free to club nights after a gig? If you wanted to check it out for a bit.

I dont like it in there my self but then Im not really into the music :no:

the floors sticky aswell from everyone jumpin round with drinks but it made me laugh when the security are walkin round tellin u to get off the dancefloor if u got a drink...