Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sex with my cousin.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The guy is hot. We have talked about doing it.

Is there really a downside, if we agree to do it only once.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    family and friend repurcussions if they find out and disapprove
    not being able to stick to just the once
    feeling used and dirty or other possible repurcussions that come with onenight stands...
    thats weird
  • Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    Whilst having a relationship with your cousin isn't illegal.. it is highly frowned upon. Bear that in mind if you decide to tell anyone.
    But if they are not blood related then surely it dont matter? (I know some people wont see it that way).
    If they are blood related then yeh thats kinda wrong.
    Yes they will be blood related, but it's not officially wrong anymore.
    Insest :crazyeyes
    gross
    The main downside would be dealing with others' reactions to it, if you decide to tell anyone.
    :yuck:
    Oh my, its not illegeal? How did that one pass by :|
    the only problems i can see is,

1, its rarely just once
    2, your friends and family will most likely disapprove
    3, sexual intercorse changes things

but if you are both 16+ an are attracted to each other then it is your choice, an i hope you are happy with each other an for all those people thay say it is gross you are very small mined and have no consideration for other people, sometimes we have no contol on who we are attracted to, so rather thay saying gross why don't you contibute to the topic by tellying use why it is gross an maybe give some good points to the topic as im sure elsa would like to hear the downside as well as the upside

an elsa good luck with whatever you chose
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Go for it. I can't see why you shouldn't.
    Weekender Offender 
    Don't you will regret it.
    if u hav grown up together as cousins obviously u see him in a different way that isn't sexual bbecause u hav known him all ur life but wen did u start to feel this way bout him?
  • Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Move to America. They don't mind there, if you head to a redneck area.

Seriously? Wrong, don't try it, unless you think you can deal with reaction if people do find out. It'll be hell if they do, think on that. Familly disowning you?
    Having never grown up around my cousins I will readily admit I don't look at my male cousins and see them as family.

I don't think I'd do it, but I don't care if other people do!
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Move to America. They don't mind there, if you head to a redneck area.

At least we have the decency to make it illegal ;)
    my_name wrote:
    At least we have the decency to make it illegal ;)
    Yeah, that makes it better :p
    Err....no?
    I Ver Much Doub It
    Its not illegal but you have to think of what would happen if your friends family found out, would they be ok abiout it (i know thats not really your problem but then it could make life very difficult) also if you have to have regular contact with him things could be very arquard. You only plan on doing this once but what if things go futher? could you cope with the stigma of being in arelationship with your cousin?

in my experience one night stands with someone you have to continue seing and acting normally around in general area bad idea.

if you decide to go ahead good luck i hope things work out ok for you
    Just to clear up some of the issues with caps and text talk - here's the link to the Good Manners Guide.

These articles might help you:

Kissing cousins

Fancying a family member
    My mate went out with her cousin for a while, she didnt shag him but there were other things they did. I personally didnt agree but still gave her relationship advice because she's my mate. Her family didnt disaprove because they were related but her mum is a bit of a gold digger and made her break up with him because he didnt earn enough money.
    sick..very very sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stop getting your knickers in a twist over this, its not going to help now is it?
    Personally I wouldn't do it but that's just me! It wouldn't feel right as my cousins are my family.
    It is difficult when you become attracted to someone you shouldn't be. It makes you want them more when you know that you shouldn't . Like having sex in a public place. The danger of being caught makes it even more exciting. The thought of being with someone that you are attracted to but shouldn't really be with, makes the person even more appealing.
    I say if you are both up for it, then go for it.
    yeah I dont get this hostility. Its just cosuins, not like your really close or owt.

How do all you people know your not doing it with someone close? Who knows what family secrets you have??

example

my mum never knew her dad, he left when she was a kid, anyway many years pas and way after I'm born and grown up, we both get to meet her dad and see some of his family on his brothers side. His brother's son reckons we, including me, have loads of cousins, girls included, all round leeds, the uk and all over. We arent in contact with them them and I have never seen them. One day I may meet a great girl , hit it off and have sex with her and she may be my cousin but I wouldnt know it. Is it that bad??

I just dont think its a bad thing. i mean there are people out there who willing have sex with much closer rleatives, now that is illegal and wrong but cousins isnt major in my book.
    eeeeughhhhh
    If you grew up as a close family then I could see being with a cousin to be quite distasteful. MY family is close-knit, and I would never want to be with one of my cousins, because they're almost like siblings.

But if you never see your cousins then I don't see what is so terrible about it.
    As long as You are not 1st cousins, it's perfectly legal! I would hope You would not make it anyones elses conerns anyway. Do not kiss & tell! If famliy did find out some how & you are not 1st cousins, nothing illegal.
This discussion has been closed.