Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Recomendations for a pill with few to no emotional side effects

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So I am definatly going to the dr soon about my current pill (ovcon 35) i've only been on it three weeks but for these weeks i've been an emotional wreck. I yell at my guy when he just tries to play around, today i called my dad in hysterical tears because i have a callus on my toe. Its not worth it. So I was just wondering if anybody had any recomendations on bc pills they are on where the emotional side effects are slim. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    a callus on your toe? lol.

sorry dont mean to joke around.... but On a serious note, I recently switched to tri-levlin and i havent seen any side effects, physical or emotional. so maybe you could check it out?

Oh god feel free to laugh its funny now. I called him bawling like I had been beaten. He refused to believe the callus was all that was on my mind. But thanks I'll definatly look into that one.
  • Options
    the male pill! get him to take it! That should sort you out. Why shouldnt he suffer some of your anxiety after all U are a partnership!
  • Options
    lol @Cristal!

Have you thought about Dianette, Yasmin, or Cilest? Dianette is a pill used for the treatment of PCOS but can be good if you get depression too. Just a thought. Ask your GP, shug :)

HTH, love cavegirl
    xx
  • Options
    cavegirl wrote:
    lol @Cristal!

Have you thought about Dianette, Yasmin, or Cilest? Dianette is a pill used for the treatment of PCOS but can be good if you get depression too. Just a thought. Ask your GP, shug :)

HTH, love cavegirl
    xx

Oh thanks, whats pcos? i'll ask about that one and if theres others that are good for depression.
  • Options
    Hey again

PCOS = Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's a condition that makes you grow cysts on your ovaries. Symptoms are irregular, painful periods, problems with blood sugars, depression, anxiety, weight gain, hirsuitism etc.

Hope you have some success with your GP. Good luck, chick :)

Love cavegirl
    xx