Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Getting Back With..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has an ex ever asked you back out?

Mine just has. He broke it off because he had moved away and didn't seem to be committed to paying train fare to see me. Anywho..he's just got a job and now wants to try again :chin: I said I'd think about it. Told mother and she said
'he'd only dump you again' :(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hhhmm when i've been speaking to my ex he's hinted that he'd want to get back together etc, well....he left be because we lived quite far apart....it depends how far apart you are and how often you'll be able to see each other and how much effort you're both prepared to put in
    I think I'll just say lets give it a go but take it slowly. I do miss him, just reckon my mum will be funny about it.
    yeah, i really miss mine and if we lived near each other i'd probably give it another go.....just everyone else seems to be against it like ''oh if he did it once he'll do it again'' etc....but then again just about every single couple there is has probably broken up at some point...
    Ah he cheated? I'd find that really hard to forgive. Do you think ground rules should be set or is that kinda...eurgh?
    no he didn't cheat, he said he had been tempted though....we talked recently and he was full of regret
    rules? like what?
    Oh like being honest etc. Or is that kind of defeating the point of taking it slowly?
    well you're meant to be honest and stuff in any relationship really, it should go without saying
    An ex is an ex for a reason.
    In my experience just dont go there 9/10 its full of false promises and ends in even more heartache. Not so great really.
    i kinda tend to think if he wanted to stay with you, you could've made it work in the first place. he can't just drop you and then want you back just like that. but at the same time maybe being apart from you has made him realise he wants to give it a go afterall. depends whether you are, too. my boyfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago and had said he thought he might realise he'd made a mistake and would i have him back if he asked for me back and i said of course i would. but that was then, it's not so easy now.
    Whats changed?
    I got back with an ex and it didnt work out. i shudda learned after it didnt work out for the first time we decided to give it another try but no...i went back there and got hurt all over again. I wouldnt go back there again..even if i was single. Just no.
    I'm actually in the process of getting back together with my ex. We split up because I want the whole marriage/babies thing and he didn't. This was three years ago. We have spent the past three years as monogamous fuck buddies and also being each others 'dates' when we needed a partner for something. A lot of our friends have considered us a couple all that time anyway. He's now decided that he would actually like the marriage/kids thing, as he's grown up a bit, so we've decided to give it another go. I may be moving in with him early next year. So, I think it can work, although I'm trying not to speak too soon! However, me and my ex have been virtually together during the time we weren't anyway, so we've never really lost touch, which makes a difference, I guess.
    Yup, bloke dumped me, couple of months later he wanted me back, got back together. Then dumped me again earlier this year and yet again, wanted me back a couple of months later. Not getting back together with him though. Although I don't regret getting back together with him the first time, he was a huge prick and everything, but I wanted him back and if I turned him down on the basis of "Exes are exes for a reason" I would have spent months thinking "What if?"
    An ex is an ex for a reason.
    In my experience just dont go there 9/10 its full of false promises and ends in even more heartache. Not so great really.

I disagree, I got back with my ex and things couldnt be better, although i do think it depends on the situation as there have been a lot of conscience changes and ground rules were set, if things just go back to being the same, then there is a problem but if you are both willing to work at it and truely love each other then go for it!! :thumb:
    We broke up because of the distance aaand he wants to try again. Guess it cant hurt. Thanks for the replies.
    Go for it then and goodluck. Hope it works out for ya :)
    Gah sorry to wake this topic up but brother just called me a 'mug' in front of my mum and she said 'well you had to expect someone to say that'.

Fucking..hate them sometimes! :mad: