Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Personal State,ents/Uni Apps

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
If anyone could tell me anything I need to know about making my own start on uni applications that would be great. My school has a bit of a bad reputation within itself for late uni apps and we haven't even mentioned starting them in school. We've been to open days/seminars etc but none of the actual application has been done.

Cheers
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Schools have a habit of doing this. My school wasnt very helpful. Contact UCAS as soon as you can, they are a very helpful organisation and will direct you very precisely towards what you will need. Incidentaly what year of school are you in?
    have a look on the UCAS website its got loads of advice.

it's best to take responsibility of your own application rather than depend on your school. start drafting your personal statement now and get one of your sixth form tutors to advise you on it. try and get in before others and keep asking the head of sixth form or whoever is in charge of it all for progress...nagging works!
    I'll be looking up the UCAS website tomorrow. I'm in 6th year btw.
    Yeah definately try the UCAS site. Do some drafts and get some people to look over it for you. Then maybe hand it into a tutor/year head.

I'm in the same year as you and my school started us off with personal statements like half way through last year. I'm lucky with the fact my school are pretty organised with such things.
    Have a look at http://www.studential.com for the personal statement side of things - there's a whole guide on writing them plus sample personal statements from other people.

Someone also made a similar post a which had some quite informative answers - can't seem to find it now though.