Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Not allowed on campus

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Is it normal for campuses that parties are not allowed in the dorms?

By 'party' I mean gatherings of people having a drink.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    For Huddersfield there isnt a specific ruling relating to it, apart from "no noise after xx hours" rulings.

There's been many already here from what I've been told.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    we were told no visitors after 11pm, and no overnight guests. we all ignored it though...security generally turned a blind eye unless someone made a complaint.
    Is it normal for campuses that parties are not allowed in the dorms?

By 'party' I mean gatherings of people having a drink.
    Different campuses different rules. Not that anyone really pays attention so long as you're not causing too much trouble.
    One of my flatmates comes in during the early hours of the morning making a right racket. It's freshers week right now and I'll allow it, but if it continues persisting I'll tell her straight! It's like sharing with a club rep.
    I think as long as you only have a few people and you're not causing too much trouble then the wardens won't cause you any bother..saying that, i've done nothing but have massive parties and destroyed my halls over the past week...it's been mental so it has...oh I love uni :yes:
    Neil wrote:
    One of my flatmates comes in during the early hours of the morning making a right racket. It's freshers week right now and I'll allow it, but if it continues persisting I'll tell her straight! It's like sharing with a club rep.

least you got to uni in the end! and got to stay in halls. :p
    yeah. parties are best kept down the union tbh. and its generally a rule in halls... like no noise after 11pm - tbh unless you are hosting a pretty crap party, you're not going to want to finish at 11pm. so yeah, its usual. ;)
    just invite the people in the surrounding flats and no one will complain
    rent your own flat.
    Pretty normal, yes. We were allowed them but only in the kitchen with permission. That said, though, no one gave a shit...
    Parties were 'banned' but the only people that realised you'd had them were the cleaners the morning after. Get one of your mates whose had too much red bull to stay awake and slip the cleaning staff a fiver and make em a cup of tea. So long as you didn't break any windows no-one ever knew we had been up all night.