Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

can i change uni's at this point? its my first year???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
ive started uni, haven't paid my fees yet but going to pay them monday, could i change uni to a better uni. or wouldn't they let me??? i want to change to a uni which wasn't on my ucas choices, but i think it would benefit me better.

both courses are the same, if i can how would i go about it, or do i have no chance, any comments appreciated.

thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    why did you go to a uni that you didn't want to go to?!

you'd need to talk to people from your uni really. but your uni will prob chase up your fees.
  • Options
    Different Universities have different policies regarding tuition fees. Some may charge a dropout fee and only return some of your money but seeing as you haven't paid you should be ok.

However, first off, why do you want to change Universities if you havn't given this one a chance yet? Is it the course you want to change because you can change courses internally at your University...?
  • Options
    na the course is great, but the class seams like its full of a load of idiots, its a london college, and id rather be in an environment i can learn best.
  • Options
    Well I am aware of a few colleges in London that do offer good degrees. I wouldn't worry too much about how stupid other people seem, after all they did get this far so they must have at least passed their a-levels. University is about self-directed study so theres nothign stopping you from doing the same work in the library or in the privacy of your own personal accomodation.

I definitely had a few 'pony' subjects that seemed to be full of idiots like HRM or basic study skills. The real test will be in your final year. How many of them do you think there will be by then? At least half of the population of your course may drop out, unable to cope with the workload how would it make U feel?

BTW which college is it you go to?