Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Graduate Schemes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
For those of you starting your third year, will you be applying for graduate schemes?

I'm finding it difficult to narrow down exactly which companies I might go for (I want to work in marketing) and whether there is much point in applying-does anyone know the percentage of graduates employed on graduate schemes every year???

And if you are not planning on applying to graduate schemes, what are your plans for when you graduate?

I feel I shoukd be applying for things but I dont feel ready yet!!! :confused:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Special_K wrote:
    For those of you starting your third year, will you be applying for graduate schemes?

I'm finding it difficult to narrow down exactly which companies I might go for (I want to work in marketing) and whether there is much point in applying-does anyone know the percentage of graduates employed on graduate schemes every year???

And if you are not planning on applying to graduate schemes, what are your plans for when you graduate?

I feel I shoukd be applying for things but I dont feel ready yet!!! :confused:

I'm graduating this year as well, but worried as hell now about what my options are going to be, everyone keeps asking me!!! :crazyeyes

I think its going to be career advice at uni. I wanted to take another gap year after I finish, but no longer sure, because I dont want to go away without a clear idea of what I want to do when I finish... sorry KI know this probably isnt helping!!!!
    Personally I'm planning on just looking at any companies I'm interested in and seeing if they have a decent graduate scheme. I've got the advantage of having no idea what I want to do specifically so lots of different places look good to me :) Only problem is I also want to move about 200 miles away after I graduate which could make things a bit trickier. :/
    I'm applying for the NHS Graduate Scheme, but beyond that I have no idea! I know I want to work in Human Resources though, so ideally I will get a job in that area.

I'm also considering doing a Masters, but I don't think I can afford to do one straight after graduating.

I'm going to see a career advisor at Uni when I get back though. Hopefully I will get some good advice out of that!
    most deadlines are at the end of december anyway. and your university will probably be hosting some companies to come down and have a chat to students about graduate schemes anyway. so, attend the meetings and interviews and see how it goes from there.