Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should you go back out with an ex???????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was with my ex for 9 years and we have a son together. It was never a case of affairs or violence or anything of the sort that broke up the relationship. I basically just got a little bored and fell out of love with him. I suffered very mildly of post natal depression after I had my baby but it sorted itself out eventually. I did however get very down in myself and just felt I needed to get away from it all and came to the conclusion that he just wasnt the one for me.

Anyway, I left him and bought my own house and have been living there with my baby happily but lonely for about 2 years now. I have a good social life and always have my saturday nights out with the girls as my baby goes to his dads for the night. I have been out with a few different lads on dates and seen them for a while but for some reason i always end up thinking about my ex. I know he wants to make a go of it and does love me and I must still love him or I would'nt be thinking about him still after two years!!!!

I wonder if its a case of the grass is always greener on the otherside OR IS IT!!!!

Bit confused about what to do??? Give it another go or stay away because at the end of the day an ex is an ex for a reason!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    howcomes you've put this in sex?

well if it's been 2 years and you're still not sure and always end up thinking you want him back, maybe you could sort of start seeing eachother and see how it goes?
    Sorry just found this place today didnt actually know where I was posting it!!

Yea maybe should just go for a drink or two withour anyone knowing just see how it goes. Its just that im kinda seeing a fella now but am finding myself thinking about the ex again and dont want to make the mistake of ending up loosing the two of them!
    but you're always going to think about the father of your baby, aren't you? it doesn't necessarily mean that you want him back. :)
    Dont want to sound like a sad cow but sometimes I think ill have a problem with every lad I see! Im too fussy for my own good!
    nowt wrong with being fussy.

maybe you could stay single for a while and see how you get on?
    You know how it can get boring sometimes going pubbing and clubbing and meeting lads that only want one thing.....not that they get it from me but it pisses you off hence me thinking maybe would be better off just going back to the ex. Then again thats just settling isnt it!

Cheers for your thoughts lucifer, I have a lot of thinking to do!
    don't just get back with him because it's what you're used to, 'cause you won't be very happy. good luck. :)