Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

on campus uni accomodation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
i was just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me, im due 2 move into my uni accomodation nxt sun but i still havent recieved any information on where i will be staying, i have rung them several times any everytime they have said it will be being sent that day but still nothing itis really starting to worry me now considering i will be moving more than 100 miles away in virtually less than a week i thought they might have been a bit more organised than this, im going to wolverhampton but the walsall campus, anyone having the same problem??????

please let me no

Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Have you recieved a letter confirming your place / room. And have you payed the deposit?, if not you had better contact them ASAP
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Dont just assume its sorted. Hassle them till they get you the info. I waited and now I've got nowhere to live.
    yeah i av sent my deposit away n everything but have had no confirmation back, they sed they would send out accomodation packs!!!!

i have been on the phone and so has my dad but they are not very prepared to tell us much

its really worrying now
    I assume you didn't send cash as your deposit, so have they withdrawn it from the account?

If they have, be slightly less worried as it means you must have a place, just not the details yet.

If they haven't.. erm... don't panic too much? (not helpful I know...)
    This will be my second year on Walsall campus of Wolvo uni and seriously, don't stress yourself out about it because Wolvo uni are f-ing hopeless :razz: Last year I was in the exact same position as you, I think my accomodation details came two days before I was due to go, their residence department is awful but do not worry, you will be sorted, I know for a fact they still have places left. What course are you doing? :)
    you'll probably hear something a few days before you're due to arrive. accomodation offices at uni are generally slack... but presumably if you phoned them you should be able to be informed of your accomodation block and directions of how to get there etc?!
    ah thanks 2 the person who is currently at walsall that has kind of put my mind at rest a little although of course still want my pack through LOL

im gonna be studying tourism management. what do you study?
    my dad rang up 2 complain 2day n the packs STILL hadnt been sent out, it is really a bit of a joke
    ring up yourself and tell them it's out of order and you want to talk to someone higher up in the doo-daa. well, don't use those exact words (doo daa i mean!).
    yep all ready tried that i did ring them up myself but they were not prepared to talk 2 me about it that is why i had 2 get my dad to ring, more likely 2 listen 2 him than me, grrrrrr
    why weren't they prepared to talk to you about it? you're the student, not your dad. you need to talk to them. is there a way of going there and talking to them face to face?
    i know exactly thats what i thought but somebody needed to speak 2 them n if they wouldnt listen 2 me they might my parents considering they are the ones who are providing most of the money.

nope no way i can speak to the face to face i live more than 100 miles away down in kent.
    oh well guess will just have 2 wait around every morning until saturday to see if it comes!!!!!