Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

open university

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya,

I am working full time and am bitterly regretting not going to Uni.

I was wondering what it is you have to do to apply to the Open University and hoping that some of you on here may know?

I'm interested in doing Civil Lit.

If anyone has any information at all on how I'd get the ball rolling on this would you let me know?

Thanks in advance,

Tittletattle

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Go to www.open.ac.uk

Click on the blue "study at the ou bit"

Choose from the list of study areas

Register on the site

You'd need to register quite soon as courses start from October.

Studying with the OU is quite hard going and you need to be very dedicated. I completed a level one course and a level one study week, but found level 2 to be too hard going.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've done two level two courses with the OU and was, until recently, planning on doing enough courses to make up my degree (you need 6 60 point courses). I found the OU great. I like working on my own initiative. However, I spent 18 months at Durham University and although I like working on my own, I missed hearing other people's view points and ideas on key themes etc. I also couldn't make any of the tutorials because I was working.

The OU can be really great if you have the dedication. You have to be able to find the time to sit down and actually do the work.

I've decided to apply to university for Sep 2006 entry so won't be doing any more OU courses at the moment, but if there is anything I can help you with... any questions etc then please feel free to PM me. :D