Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Occupational Health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been off work for about 7 weeks now and I've been sent an appointment to attend the hospital for an occupational health assessment (I work within the NHS which is why it's based there). I knew my employer was going to ask me to go but now I've actually got the appointment I'm a little worried. My appointment is also after my doctor's note runs out, so my manager seems to be assuming (perhaps wrongly!) that I won't be back to work for some time.

What kind of questions will they ask me? What can they report to my employer? I am not comfortable with my manager knowing what I say at this meeting, so are they bound by the usual confidentiality clasues?

Has anyone else been interviewed by occupational health in this way? :nervous:

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated. :)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not exactly but when i spoke to my personnel manager about some health issues i had she offered me the chance to speak to someone from occupational health. Although i didnt take up the offer, i got the impression it would have been to discuss how they could help me, make the work environment more suitable if possible, organise other help i might have needed, that sort of thing.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Of course it will be confidential. They are there to make sure that you are fit and able to carry on your job after your illness. They are not there to catch you out or grass to your boss. They may liase with your manager to ensure that when you do go back, it is as smoothly as possible.